SEVEN: Slip Ups

I couldn't for the life of me understand why I was so intent on proving myself. It may have had to do with the wager between Hawks and Best Jeanist, but there was another part of me that just...wanted to.

"WHEN I CATCH YOU, I'M GONNA FRY YOUR ASS SO DAMN BAD YOU'LL MEET COLONAL MOTHERFUCKING SANDERS!" I screeched as loudly as my failing voice would allow. I had been set with the task of beating Hawks in airborne combat, and it was no easy task. He was far too quick in the air; the polar opposite than when he was on the ground.
"Cool! Maybe I'll learn the secret herbs and spices!" He laughed teasingly as he swooped out of the path of my hand. I had originally thought that training with him would be much easier than being pawned off onto other pro heroes, but boy, was I wrong. During our sessions, he was; on all levels, a colossal cuntbag. I had learned a few new tricks; such as discovering I could flick concentrated balls of solar energy from my wings. I'd given up on using the vocal qualities of my quirk against Hawks, due to the fact that he had those blasted headphones, but that had already been worked on during previous training sessions.

"GOT YOU, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" I cackled wildly; just as I thought I was about to lay my hand on his fur-trimmed coat.
"Yeah...nah." He yawned; swinging his leg out and booting me straight in the stomach. All the wind was knocked out of me as I hit the ground, and I wheezed a string of disgusting cusses in his direction. If I had thought my bruising was bad when I had been working with Ectoplasm, I was delusional, but with two weeks left until the exams, I just had to push through the pain.
"Impressive! You almost had me!" Hawks cheered; landing beside me and offering me a hand. I smacked it away angrily and just laid there on the filthy floor of the arena.
"You fight dirty. It's not fair..." I muttered whilst staring up at the glass ceiling.
"The world isn't fair, Sunshine. Now, up ya get! We've got plans tonight!" He nudged me with his boot; making me groan and roll onto my side.
"Speak for your fucking self...I'm having a bath and going to bed..."

Even though it's only five in the evening...

"None of that! It's a party! I wanna show you off! I need my flawless ray of sunshine by my side!" He announced; watching me slowly rise to stand on my shaky legs. Another glare didn't phase him, and I swear my blood was running hot.
"First of all, Honey...I'm not yours...and I'm definitely not going to some stupid party, filled with even stupider guests..." I growled viciously; turning to limp pathetically towards the exit. On cue, he followed after me in a hurry.
"Aw, come on! Why'd ya think I only bruised the bits of your body that'll be covered?!" He whined; something he had been doing rather often as of late.
"Like my fucking tit? Who fucking kicks a woman in the tit, anyway, you fucking goose bladder?!"

It really hurt, too...

"Uh, a villain?!" He replied as though it were an obvious answer. "Pretty please?! Come with me!" I gathered my gear into my sports bag as he waited impatiently behind me. I could hear him shuffle back and forth on his feet, which was just as annoying as him complaining.
"Tch...Sounds like you're asking me on a date..." I scoffed; sloppily tying my (H/C) hair up so it wouldn't stick to my face. (if short hair, a headband?)
"No shit! Why else would I ask you to come?!" He groaned; stomping down onto the ground like a disgruntled toddler.

Hold on one chicken-plucking minute...

"S..seriously? A...date..?" I was sure my expression was one of disgust when I turned around, but inside, my blood was rushing like a Gundam Speed Racer. Hawks grabbed my hands in his and stared directly into my (E/C) eyes; his serious and pleading.
"Please, (Y/N)? I wanna show off my Sunshine."

Okay...he just said my name...and it sounded...like Gabriel's fucking horn? Why? Help?!

After a long, uncomfortable silence on my end, I tore my hands away and nearly jogged to the door.
"You're so creepy! F..fine! Just fly me the fuck home already!" I snapped; contradicting the hidden smile on my heated face.
"Yeeee! Thanks!"