FIFTEEN: Us

"Oi..."

Fuck off...

"Sunshine..."

Seriously, fuck off...

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey..." I curled myself tighter under the blankets; one of Hawks' pillows held close to my chest as I groaned loudly.
"No. No eggs and bakey...Sleep and sleepy after you woke me up for round two..."

And three...and four...

"But we have a funeral to organise..." The nervous tone of his voice woke me up a little more, and I rolled over to peek my dishevelled head out from the covers.
"We have a what now?" I didn't like the guilty expression on his face, nor the way his wings were held extra close to his bare back.
"I...uh...may have accidentally murdered your Roomba..." I shot up immediately; leaning to peer behind Hawks to see Patricia; dented and lifeless by our discarded clothing. "It was under our stuff and I stepped on it and...yeah...my bad..." He rubbed the back of his neck; chewing on his lip.
"An accident...yeah right..." I growled; throwing myself back down into the plush mattress; pretending to sob. "My p..poor little baby trusted you, and now she's g..g..gone!" Immediately, Hawks jumped back into bed and wrapped himself around me; wings and all, his stubble tickling at the back of my neck.
"I'll buy you like fifty seven more! J..just don't cry! P..please don't cry!" He pleaded; stressing out over my dramatic joke. "I love you I love you I love you I love you!" Rolling over in his arms, I smirked and pressed a lingering kiss to the tip of his nose.
"I love you too, you gullible goose." I could see the blood rush to his cheeks as he tried to act annoyed, but it was no use. He ended up smiling back at me and squeezing me tighter. "So, what's on the agenda today?"
"Hmm? Oh, we'll be taking down some gang in Kamino Ward. They set up after the whole All Might thing, so it's the perfect job for your big debut." He said it so casually that it took me a few moments to process, then I froze.
"W..wait...I haven't taken down a villain before...I'm not ready for that..." I gulped; spluttering as one of his feathers tickled my nose.
"Sure you are! You're my Sunshine Songbird! I'll be with you every step of the way!" He was so sure of himself. Sure of me. I found a part of myself wishing that we weren't heroes. That we could just curl up like this and not have a care in the world. Selfish, but such a beautiful thought.

No...he was born to do this...

"Wait...Isn't Tokoyami starting with us today..?" I asked; trying to untangle my legs from his.
"True! Lucky his first day is gonna be a nine to fiver...We strike tonight." He sounded so calm about it, whilst I was nervous beyond belief. Taking down a villain organisation was as simple as taking the rubbish out in his mind.
"What, you want me to shriek them into submission like a fucking banshee or some shit?" I scoffed; finally breaking free and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. He rolled over; propping his head up in his hand.
"Pretty much."

Fucking hell...this little turd is serious..?

"Good to know you have it all planned out..." Sarcasm oozed in my voice as I grabbed the corpse of my dearest Patricia; using the destroyed Roomba to cover my breasts from Hawks' ogling eyes.
"FYI, Sunshine...I have plenty of things planned out...Important things..." The blond hummed; legs kicking up behind him as he tried to sneak a peek at my bare buttocks.
"Yeah, like your damn photoshoot at midday?" I backed my way towards the door; not exactly wishing for round five before we set off to work. He shook his head a little; dark amber eyes finally meeting mine.
"Nah...like us."

Us...

Despite having had his head buried between my thighs only hours before, I couldn't stop the heat that rushed to every curve of my face.
"U..us..?" My question seemed to alarm the man, as he sat up rather quickly and scooted to the edge of the bed on his knees.
"Well...yeah..? You're my girlfriend now...right..?" Oh, how hopeful he looked. He seemed so nervous about my answer; the anticipation making his vermilion wings almost vibrate behind him as he leant so dangerously close to the bed, I was sure he was going to topple off.
"N..no shit, Sherlock..." I grumbled; both loving and hating the way he made me feel. My guts felt like an under-filled cocktail shaker in a washing machine.

*THWUMP!*

Bird bitch done gone fell off the bed...

I left the room with haste once he started crooning 'You Are My Sunshine' again, and I managed to make it to my own bedroom before he hopped through the door; one leg in and one leg out of his pants.
"Does this mean you'll move into my room?!" He asked excitedly as he plonked his ass down onto my bed to wrestle his other leg in. Sweatdropping, I grabbed my costume from my closet and began to dress myself.
"We've been together for...what? Not even a day? It's a bit fast..." It wasn't that I didn't like the sound of that. No, I actually wanted to agree immediately, but I had to be smart. Mount Lady's words had been running laps around my head since we had spoken at the party, and I couldn't help but feel a little wary.
"We've been living together for ages, though!" He whined; jumping up and snatching my headpiece to begin an unfair game of keep-away. "I'm nice and warm and I snuggle! It's a win win!" I glared at him; not even bothering to jump up to try and reach the final piece of my costume, as he had flown up to the ceiling.
"I'll think about it, okay?! Just...no trying to seduce me at fuck o'clock in the morning!" I crossed my arms and puffed out my cheeks as he grinned down at me.
"But it's called fuck o'clock for a reason!" He retorted cheekily; tossing my circlet down right on top of my (H/C) head. He hovered about for a while as I fixed my hair and adjusted my dress before I slipped into the bathroom to brush my teeth; leaving the door open so he wouldn't complain.
"So, what were you thinking about before..? About...us..?" I queried before slathering a blasphemous amount of toothpaste onto my brush and ramming it into my mouth.
"Oh, just the future...Ya know, marriage...kids...growing old and grey in a little house on the hill..." He sighed dreamily, and better believe I began to choke.
"Too...*cough hack splutter*...Too soon!"
"What? You implied that I didn't have anything planned out...I'm simply proving you wrong!"

This flying baby-faced blond isn't good for my fucking heart..!

"G..go put a fucking shirt on, you Roomba murdering midget!" I snapped in a fluster; hurling my tube of toothpaste at his head.
"O..oi! No projectiles towards the merchandise!"
"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM BEFORE I SEND YOU TO HELL WITH PATRICIA!"

"SO YOU DO ADMIT SHE WAS EVIL!"

"GET! OUT!"

***Im sorry...this wasn't originally a filler...but my brain isn't working and I decided to put the shoot (inspired by that steamy-ass Hawks pic from volume 20) and Tokoyami's first meeting with him in the next chapter***