FORTY SIX: Key

Dating Natsuo Todoroki was pretty nice.

He never tried to push me for anything, he made me genuinely smile, Suzu seemed to approve of him. Plus, the cherry on top, he wasn't a hero. Just a big, huggable teddy bear that wanted nothing more than my smile and my happiness.

But he still wasn't...

"That motherfucking, shit spewing, ass faced, pigeon dicked son of a fucking BITCH!" My quirk kind of seeped into my angered shriek as I hoyed the scrunched up papers over the kitchen counter, kicking the cupboard in a fit. Natsuo sprung up from his place on the couch, looking startled by my outburst.

"Hey, hey hey hey...What's the matter, Sugar?" He kept his distance, knowing I wasn't finished throwing my tantrum.
"I OWE YOU! ONE DIVORCE!" I bellowed, aggressively gesturing to the discarded sheets of paper before beginning to pace back and forth. "I'm gonna kill him, Natsuo...I'm gonna go to prison for murdering that fucking asshole..."

Sighing, my new boyfriend rounded the counter, backing me into the corner between the fridge and dishwasher so I had no choice but to accept his embrace.
"No, because that would mean I wouldn't get to do this, and that would seriously suck." He reasoned jestingly, turning serious the second he realised I wasn't finding it funny. "He still cares about you. It's probably just him trying to avoid it because he doesn't want it to be real. If you want, I'll try to talk to him. Man to man, nice and civil."

Ugh, you don't deserve this, Natsuo...

Shaking my head, I buried my nose in the divot of his chest, groaning loudly.
"No, it's not your issue...I have to talk to him about the apartment and shit, anyway, so I'll just kick his ass into submission..." The thought of seeing him face to face again make me feel sick, but I knew it had to happen at some point. I was also starting to believe that Endeavor knew something I didn't. He'd been acting awfully odd ever since he had been given that strange book. "I should get going, anyway...I wanted to go pick up our intern and give him some more field time."

Understanding, Natsuo pressed a kiss to my forehead, his thumb rubbing against the sleek material of my costume shoulder.
"Yeah, I have class today, too. I'll head home and shower now so I won't be late." It all felt so natural in a cliche way. I couldn't really fault Natsuo at all, which made it seem more like I had fallen into some kind of perfect romance fiction.

It's strange...but he's good for me...

"Don't worry about it..." I murmured, pulling myself up to his lips using his shoulders as leverage. Short and sweet, but nothing more. "Use the shower here and chill out. It's closer to your campus, anyway. I'll leave you the spare key." His expression softened, and he squeezed me tighter, rocking us side to side in a lulling rhythm.

"Key to your place already? I must be the luckiest guy in all of Japan." He chuckled, rubbing his nose to mine before letting me go, leaning in for another quick peck. "Stay safe, and don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, alright, Sugar?"

Sugar? Too sweet...but...so is he, so it's okay..?

Smiling, I nodded, pulling away and locating the key I had promised. Then, I made my way to the balcony, activating my quirk. The sky was a deep, murky grey, so my wings appeared just as dark, twisted and bat-like when I gave them a few warm-up flaps.
"God, you're gorgeous..." My head whipped around to find Natsuo leaning against the door frame, hooded eyes soft as they swept over my form.

"You may need to get those eyes of yours checked. I'd gladly trade quirks with you any day of the week." I scoffed, pausing for a moment. "Hey, what even is your quirk, anyway? You've never told me." Raising a brow, Natsuo stepped out onto the balcony, lifting his arm and tilting his hand downwards. Tiny, sparkling snowflakes began to drift from his fingertips, swirling around slowly until they melted into the ground.