Jaehyun - Step siblings

Jaehyun grabbed his kitten and looked over at his eomma. "What is you need to tell me?"

"You know I've been seeing someone for a while right?" She says, with a small smile.

"Hmm." Jaehyun hums.

"Well... we was thinking of moving in together. And he's coming today. But he has a son/daughter. They are your age, and they are called Y/N."

Jaehyun's face drops. His kitten watching him from beside him. "I-I. No. Why don't I get a say in this? You know I like being an only child."

"Look Jae. Your dad walked out on us, and that never gave me a chance to give you someone to grow up with." Placing a hand on Jaehyun's lap his eomma smiles.

"No. You know I am perfectly fine with my kitten and career. I'm training up to be a singer." Jaehyun shook his head.

Sighing, his eomma got up and walked off to the kitchen. "They'll be here in an hour." She told him.

"Fuck." Jaehyun muttered. He wanted to call Johnny or Taeyong his best friends. Tell them the news and how he'd be glad to move out to the dorms when he becomes a part of a group.

He stalks off to his room, deciding to practise some songs he had been given. He didn't want to be stuck with someone he didn't know for a sibling.

He spent hours in his room practising. Before being called down by his eomma. "Jae, please come down and meet them."

Rolling his eyes, Jaehyun goes down the stairs. "Hi, I'm Jaehyun." He says. Looking at his stepdad and stepsister.

They looked fairly calm, relatively nice people. But that didn't stop Jaehyun from wanting to be an only child and from wanting his own space.

"Hi, I'm Kim Hee-Jun. This is Y/N. Lovely to finally meet you." The male said. Hee-Jun had his hand out for Jaehyun to shake.

Jaehyun shook his hand. Looked at the other person and nodded. Hardly saying anything.

Jaehyun's eomma smiled awkwardly. "Sorry he's not normally quiet. He's usually singing or something."

"You want to become a singer?" Y/N finally spoke up.

"Yes." Jaehyun replied bluntly.

"I think that's fantastic." Y/N smiled. They wasn't too fussed on the idea of having a step brother. But they didn't know their actual mother as she died during birth.

"Hmm." Was Jaehyun's reply. "I need to go practice. Call me down for dinner please." Looking at his eomma and smiling.

Jaehyun left to go to his room. Whereas everyone in the living room sat in silence.

"He was... interesting.." Hee-Jun said.

"He'll come round eventually. Jaehyun just has to practice for his place in a group." Jaehyun's eomma said, looking at them both.

Y/N stood up. "Am I okay to go see if I can speak to him?"

"Sure honey. His rooms the last door upstairs."

Y/N lightly jogged up the stairs, and headed to Jaehyun's room. And knocked on the door.

Throwing the door open, Jaehyun stood there, awaiting an answer.

"I wanted to come get to know you. And to hear you sing hopefully." Y/N said, hope in their voice.

"And I'm going to let a stranger into my room because?" Jaehyun drawled.

"Because I was hoping we could become good friends. And because you seem pretty cool." Y/N grinned.

"You are a different kind of person. You are determined to be friends huh?" Jaehyun raised his eyebrows.

"I mean I have no other friends." Y/N shrugged.

"All my friends are singers. We all work together at SM." Jaehyun shrugs. "They are mostly males. But I'm sure Jisoo and Jenny wouldn't mind talking to you, they accept anyone."

Y/N nodded. "So? Are we going to get to know one another."

Jaehyun shrugged. "Nothing to know about me. Now please leave me alone. I have to actually practise."

Y/N disappeared to their room. Sitting on the bed. He's so closed off, they thought. Why didn't he want to be around them?

Jaehyun was a person to keep his business and life to himself. Only Taeyong and Johnny knew everything about him.

Y/N went down for dinner. Trying to create a conversation with Jaehyun, who sat there silently.

"Well fine. I'll stop trying." They huffed.

Jaehyun smirked and went back to eating his food. Before locking himself back in his room to keep practising.

Pretty much trying to forget that he never wanted to have a sibling. And that he was only doing this to please his eomma. If his eomma was happy then Jaehyun guesses he was as well.