N i n e

Juvia's POV

Juvia couldn't sleep a wink last night so she decided to take over Natsu-san. I had experience delivering pastries in wagons before so Juvia knows how to handle horses.

Natsu-san gave me a map with directions that will lead to Lucy-san's home and it was actually pretty easy to read, so after Juvia reassured him that she can take care of this by herself, he went inside the carriage to get some rest.

It wasn't until dawn when Gray-sama came back and stood on the roof.

"We're nearly there" He muttered. Juvia raised a brow "Gray-sama how do you know?"

All Juvia could see was a path full of trees covered in snow.

He never answered. Juvia just sighed and kept her eyes back on the road.

"Gray-sama J-Juvia— I want to speak with you about something" I said softly.

He took a seat next to me, his sudden closeness giving me discomfort. Not in a bad way of course, but whenever Gray-sama is near me, my heart beats abnormally fast.

"What is it?"

"U-um about earlier, y-you were talking inside my mind" Damn it! Why am I stuttering?! It's just Gray-sama but why am I so nervous?!

"Ah that" He closed his eyes and leaned back on the carriage  "It's one of the powers I inherited when I turned into a half dire wolf"

"Oh"

That's an awesome power really, you can talk to others without having to open your mouth and when you're captured by an enemy, that would prove to be really useful.

But let's just hope that situation won't happen.

"Can you do that with the others too?" Juvia took her eyes off the road for a moment to look at Gray-sama.

Even though his eyes were closed, it did little effect to taunt his handsome features, in all honesty, his relaxed composure made him even more attractive.

Juvia blushed. He must be quite popular with the ladies with his looks and body. I wonder... Did Gray-sama used to have a lover?

The thought infuriated Juvia.

Why should you care if he used to love someone else or not? It's not like you love him or anything.

Juvia shook her head to get the thoughts out. What am I thinking?

"As of now, only you. I don't really know the extent of my powers so I'm afraid I don't really have an answer to your question" His deep voice replied.

"I-I see" Juvia quickly averted her eyes back on the road "W-well, w-why don't you want to tell the others?"

He took a deep breath before replying.

"I have my reasons"

After that, the ride went silent with me still handling the reigns and Gray-sama closing his eyes. Juvia doesn't really know if he was asleep or simply just savoring the feeling of the winter breeze but she didn't really care.

But it seemed like she got an answer after all when he rested his head on my shoulder and Juvia's whole body immediately tensed up.

"G-gray-sama?"

No reply.

Juvia studied his face. His breathing was even and his features looked so relax. Juvia smiled.

It's the first time I saw Gray-sama actually sleeping.

Juvia only used one hand to hold the reigns so with her other hand free, she gently caressed Gray-sama's cheek.