N i n e t e e n

Juvia's POV

"Ughhhh"

I stood up and immediately regretted it when a strong wave of headache thumped in my head. It felt like my brain was going to explode from the pain!Juvia sat back down and massaged her temples using her fingers.

Juvia can't seem to remember anything from last night. All she knows is that she drank some sort of alcoholic beverage and ended up this way.

I guess this is how it feels like to have a hangover.

"Juvia?" Wendy peeked through the door and walked up to me, holding a tray of soup and a glass of water next to a small white pill placed on a tissue.

"It's a good cure for hangovers" Juvia nodded and mumbled a small thank you.

"You were pretty wild last night" Wendy giggled. I stiffened.

"What exactly did Juvia do?" Juvia asked in a low voice, afraid of the answer.

"Gray carried you here. He said you were outside, trying to remove your corset and passed out on the snow" Juvia blushed a deep red.

Juvia will never ever drink alcohol again!

"That must've been so embarrassing!" Wendy laughed.

"Trust me Juvia. I've seen worse hangovers before. Yours can't even compare" Wendy stood up and patted my shoulder.

"And by the way. You were having a strange series of hiccups last night too. I don't know how it went away but it just did. I even brewed up a medicine for you"

"That happened to me?" Wendy nodded.

"Huh. Juvia can't remember anything from last night so... " I trailed off.

Suddenly a sick feeling crept up my stomach that makes me feel like throwing up.

I covered my mouth with my hand and hurriedly run to the bathroom.

"Juvia!"

***

"Well, to be fair I also drank so we're all in the same boat"

"Juvia still won't drink"

"You only live once Juvia, it wasn't that bad"

"Still won't"

Lucy-san pouted "Oh c'mon! You're so not fun!" Juvia crossed her arms and frowned.

"Fine, fine. How should I make it up to you?"

Juvia grinned "I'm not going to wear the stupid corset again'' Lucy-san gasped.

"It's part of the dress! You have to wear it!"

"But it's so suffocating!"

"Beauty is pain!"

"Juvia doesn't need to be beautiful!"

"Juvia!"

"What?!"

"Chill out you guys. It was just a lil drink. And Juvia, it's just a corset" Natsu-san yawned as he took another bite of the pancake.

"Have you ever tried wearing a corset Natsu-san?"

"No" He said in between chews "See! You haven't even tried it! Do you know that it constricts your lungs from breathing?!"

Natsu-san scrunched his nose "That sounds painful"

"Because it is!"

Juvia heard a sigh out of Happy and Carla-san "We'll leave you humans be. Let's go Happy"

"Aye!" Happy gave Carla a salute and left the room.

"Gray?"  We all looked up to see Gray-sama sit down on the empty spot next to Natsu-san.

"You look pale. Are you okay?" Wendy-san asked.

Looking at him, it's actually true. He had deep bags under his eyes and he looks so tired.

"I'm just exhausted. Couldn't get a lot of sleep last night" He replied shortly and started taking a bite of the food.

"Well, if that's the case"

"We've prepared your clothes for the ball" Lucy-san casually said.

Gray-sama mumbled something to himself before looking at Lucy-san and said thanks.

"I think you should go back to bed. You look really tired" I told him worriedly.

"Yeah I suppose. I also had a bit of drink last night too"

"Weird. I didn't see you last night though" Lucy-san raised a brow in suspicion.

"You were all passed out on the table and" He looked at Natsu-san "Natsu forced me to drink"

Natsu-san spit out the juice he was drinking "Hey! I did no such—mffff!" Gray-sama placed a hand on Natsu's lips.

"You were drunk. It's only normal that you didn't remember giving me the whole bottle" Gray-sama said in a deadpan voice.

Natsu removed Gray-sama's hand and crossed his arms "Well whatever!" He stood up and looked at Gray-sama questioningly "I'm gonna head out. Thanks for the food"

What was that all about?

"Me too. Thanks for the food" Gray-sama followed.

"But you barely ate anything!" Juvia retorted, looking at his plate covered with food.

"I'm not hungry" Came his short reply and left.

"Leave them be Juvia" Wendy smiled "How about we go help you with your training instead?" Juvia's eyes lit up.

"Yeah that's a great idea!" Lucy-san added "I'll go ask Aquarius to help you right now!"

Juvia nodded "Okay, let's do it!"

...

Vote, comment, and follow (((;

Sorry if this chapter was a bit short. Next chapter will be in Gray's POV though and we'll finally find out what's going on inside that thick head of his!