T h i r t y - n i n e

Juvia's POV

It was a long day catching up with Gajeel-kun so Juvia decided to take a quick shower.

Come to think of it, Juvia has been feeling a bit drained these days. Sometimes I get so exhausted by just a quick training by myself.

"Am I overworking?" Juvia asked herself before dismissing the thought.

Whatever. A hot shower will be the perfect remedy.

Juvia sighed contentedly as the warm water calmed her body. It was so fun spending the whole day with her childhood best friend.

Juvia first met Gajeel when she was still staying in the village. Back then we were still kids and we often played with each other. Like me, Gajeel-kun was also an orphan that's why we understood each other quite well. Unlike me though, Gajeel-kun had no family to take care of him and was always wondering around.

My parents then decided to take care of him for a while.

Don't get me wrong, we were all more than happy to let Gajeel-kun stay with us permanently, but he said that there were still some things that he has to take care of.

He thanked us before leaving.

It turns out, the reason why Gajeel-kun left is because he was looking for ways to help him control his power.

Our village didn't know of magic before. I had no idea that magic even existed in this world until the attack happened. It felt like the whole place was isolated.

While we were catching up, Juvia couldn't even believe her ears what she heard Gajeel-kun told her that he has a girlfriend now. She's also part of the Fairy Tail guild and he described her as a shrimp and a total bookworm.

I don't even know what he meant by calling her shrimp.

He said that they didn't want other members to find out just yet so they're keeping it a secret for now. If word got around that they're dating then they will be teased nonstop and they're still not prepared for that kind of experience.

Juvia smiled as she remembered how Gajeel-kun spoke of her with such adoration in his eyes. Juvia can clearly tell that he truly loves her by the way his expression softens.

Juvia pouted.

''Lucky Gajeel-kun. Juvia wants to date too."

I quickly shampooed my hair and scrubbed my body with soap before stepping out of the shower and wrapping myself with a towel.

Juvia wiped the fogged mirror with her one hand until she can clearly see her reflection.

Juvia turned around and undid the wrapping of the towel, placing one arm on her chest so only her back side would be exposed.

She stared at the reflection of her body.

It's gone.

There's no sign of a wound or scar. It was like the large weeping scratches on her back never existed.

How did Gray-sama managed to do it?

Juvia wrapped herself back and sighed.

I wonder if Gray-sama spent the whole day with Erza-san.

The thought made Juvia feel so jealous.

"Hmph. Whatever. It's not like we're dating so it doesn't matter." Juvia said to herself.

Juvia was just about to leave the bathroom when she heard the door from her bedroom close and a set of footsteps approaching.

Her heartbeat quickened.