T w e n t y - one

Juvia's POV

(Afternoon, 3:45 pm)

I ducked before Aquarius can hit me and summoned a spell I just recently learned.

"Water claw!"

Aquarius was quick to react and dodged my attack just barely, grinning at me from ear to ear "You're a pretty fast learner"

"Thanks" Juvia mumbled "But I'm not finished yet" I smirked. Aquarius returned it with a wicked smile.

"We'll see about that, little water mage"

Before Juvia can prepare herself, she was thrown off guard when the celestial spirit suddenly appeared behind her and kicked her lower back with her tail.

Well at least she tried to.

Everyone was looking at me with wide eyes when they saw her tail went right through my body as if I were a ghost. Only this time, I'm liquid. I gasped. My body turned into water!

How the hell is that even possible?

Juvia used that to her advantage and grabbed her tail with all her strength, throwing her backwards which she avoided so by flipping gracefully.

"Now you're acting like a real mage!" Aquarius chuckled "But you're still no match for me!"

Juvia was hit by what looks like a mini tsunami and lost her balance, falling into the lake. Thankfully, I can breathe underwater.

I swam upwards until my face wasn't submerged.

"Nice work" Lucy grinned before helping me up. I said a quick thank you and went to Aquarius.

"Thank you" Juvia bowed "Juvia's really grateful to you. I've learned so much today"

"It was n-nothing" Aquarius blushed "A-anyways!" She turned to glare at Lucy.

"I have a date with Scorpio so I'm leaving" Aquarius said while flipping her light blue wavy hair. Lucy nodded with a smile "Thanks for helping my friend"

"Whatever" I felt a hand pat my head and looked at Aquarius "Practice hard, child. You'll get a grasp of your powers soon and once you fully master it"

She raised my chin up with her finger and gave a genuine smile.

"Use it as a weapon to protect the people you love"

Juvia nodded.

"Juvia will" I answered with a determined look.

"Your powers are only starting to awaken, besides your body turning into liquid, there is much more to your heritage than you know"

"The water tribe was a tribe full of gifted people that usually works well with mages that were born with the power of ice. Some day, you will be able to perform a unison raid with one of your comrades too"

"You mean Gray-sama?" Aquarius nodded. I looked down "J-Juvia doesn't think he wants to do it with me"

"I'm sure he has his reasons. Cheer up, water mage" She smiled.

And with that, she disappeared.

Juvia sighed.

"You're soaking. C'mon, let's get you to the palace before you catch a cold" Wendy said worriedly.

...

"Have you seen Gray or Natsu? I haven't seen them since they left during breakfast" Lucy-san brought up.

"Maybe they're just training?" Juvia guessed.

"The dinner party is tonight, the king would probably also use that opportunity to discuss the battle plans. Gray can't skip this one. He's mysterious to everyone after all" Wendy added.

When Wendy mentioned battle plans, I stiffened.

Can I do this? Can I really fight?

"Speaking about Gray, I wonder what happened to him that made him seem so cold"

"I don't know either. Natsu never really talked about him before. Once, he only talked about a friend of him that died when he was still little"

"Your tribe used to be close with Gray's. Can you recall anything Juvia?" Wendy asked.

I shook my head "My memories from the past are vague, I'm pretty sure I haven't met Gray-sama before though. The only memories Juvia can remember is of her biological mother"

"I see"

"But I'm curious what their relationship with each other is, they seem close that's like pretty much obvious to everyone but I wanna know their past" Lucy sighed.

"Why do you wanna know?" Juvia asked out of curiosity.

"Well it's just that, I hardly know anything about Natsu's past. And it's just that I want to get to know him better"

"Okay change topic!" Wendy smiled "How about we should all just get ready for the ball tonight? Especially you Lucy, it's an event for you after all"

"Well it's kind of embarrassing to suddenly shop up in front of a lot of people when the reason for my disappearance is because I ran away" Lucy scratched the nape of her neck.

"Well for starters, if my dad keeps locking me in, I would've ran away too. It's suffocating not being able to do anything. Though it's meant to keep you safe, that's not living"

"Wendy's right" Juvia nodded "But the king realized his mistakes and Juvia is also pretty sure he won't repeat them again"

"Thanks. I think I'll also do pretty okay if you girls will be with me"

"We'll be right behind you" Juvia smiled.

Unknown POV

"Should I do it instead? It would be pretty shocking if the famed warrior will show up herself" A man in a dark cloak asked.

"It's alright. My other companion will be there waiting for me. Besides, we want to delay Phantom Lord's attack as long as we can. My presence will surely help"

"Are you sure you're just going to expose yourself like that? Yes, it may delay the battle but it would also mean exposing our Trump card"

"Me? A trump card?" The woman laughed "Just wait till you see what he's capable of"

The cloaked man's eyes widened "You mean he's the companion you're talking about?"

"And not only him. Remember, besides the return of the lost Heartfilia, the heiress of the water tribe will also be there"

"We have formidable comrades on our side" The woman grinned.

"They're strong, yes. But will this man you're talking about really help us? I've heard what's he's capable of and the things he's done" The cloaked man asked grimly.

The knight smiled and stood up.

"Don't worry, he has no reason not to"

...

Vote, comment, and follow (;

And if you can also share this story with your friends, that would be awesome!