T w e n t y- f o u r

Juvia's POV

"A go—ghost! I-is talking to me!"

"How rude, first of all I'm not a ghost. I am a human being just like you but at the same time, I'm also not" The girl spoke.

"Now, now I'm more interested in you. So, care to explain how you can see me?"

I breathe in and out.

"I— I don't know"

"Relax, sweetie. I'm not gonna harm you, in fact I can't even harm anybody. See?" She tried holding my hand but it just went through.

Just like a ghost.

As if she can read my mind, she replied with:

"I'm not a ghost."

"Then how do you do that? H-how can I see you? Does Juvia have third eye?"

"I have no idea if that's even a thing but I don't think you have third eye" She flicked my forehead which again, just like a ghost, went through.

"Only members of the guild I created can see me or if people drink from this water fountain. I was observing you the whole time, I didn't see you drink the water so how did you do it?"

"Juvia doesn't know"

"Hmmm... " She circled around me "Are you perhaps a water mage?"

I nodded.

"Ahh, well that explains it. Your magic probably absorbed the magical properties of this fountain without you realizing it."

"Oh."

"So, what are you doing here? I heard there was a ball, why aren't you inside? Plus it's freezing out here" The little girl asked curiously.

"J-Juvia was looking for someone"

"Ah, I see"

Juvia gulped "S-so, can you tell me what exactly you are?"

The girl shook her head "I'm pretty important so I can't just tell anyone."

"Oh, well then how did you die?"

She didn't reply for a while. When she finally spoke, she looked at the ground sadly, as if recalling a memory.

"I don't really remember but I know I must've had a really good life before"

"O-oh, sorry for um asking... "

We sat there in an awkward silence until I sighed and finally gained the courage to start a conversation.

"Just to clarify, nobody can really see you right?" Juvia asked.

She turned her head to me and smiled "Yes, nobody can see me except for the guild I created or people who drink from this fountain. Why?" She raised a brow.

"Can Juvia... Um... How do I out this... Can Juvia tell you a little rant?"

"I've been living for hundreds of years, having no one to talk to and being isolated from everyone, I feel completely bored so yes, I would like to listen to your rant" My eyes widened.

Hundreds of years?!?!

"Well tell me what happened. I'll listen" She sat closer to me.

Juvia cleared her throat.

"O-okay so to be honest, I feel like running away from everything."

"What happened?"

Juvia chuckled humorlessly "At first, Juvia was just living an ordinary life. I never knew of magic, I never knew it existed. Juvia was ignorant of everything that's happening in this world. Then suddenly, my village was attacked."

"Juvia then met a bunch of strong people and found out she was actually the lost heiress of the water tribe. Now I even have to fight a war I never knew. This is stupid, Juvia never asked for this"

The girl stared at me.

"But did you regret it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Meeting the people you're with now"

"No, of course not. In fact, I'm really grateful that Juvia actually met—"

"Do you wish that everything that has happened now, shouldn't have happened?" She cut off.

"I... " Juvia trailed off.

"Just like people say, ignorance is bliss. If you just ignore everything that's happening around you" She stared ahead blankly "You won't get hurt"

"T-that's true, I suppose"

"But I guess you can also call this faith or destiny or whatever people call it" She walked around on the piles of snow littered on the ground "Just like how I was destined to die and live like this, maybe it's your destiny to fight this war"

"Juvia's destiny?"

She nodded.

"Maybe you're destined to die in the war. Maybe you're destined to meet the people you've met now. Maybe we're even destined to meet each other and talk like this. There are endless possibilities."

She halted.

"But... "

"But what?"

She smiled "I believe it's the person who controls his or her own destiny."

The sound of trumpets playing from the inside startled Juvia.

"You should head back, the main event is probably starting."

Juvia didn't move.

"Well aren't you going back?"

"T-the person I want to see doesn't want to see me.. " Juvia mumbled to herself.

"A man?"

Juvia nodded.

"Could you describe him for me?"

Juvia raised a brow "Why?"

"Nothing" She shrugged "I feel like I may know who he is"

"Tall, muscular, raven hair, attractive. Well, do you know Gray-sama?"

"Tall, raven hair... "

She looked up to the full moon in the sky then back at me. A look of amusement evident in her
features.

But why is she amused?

"Yes, I think I do"

"Really?" I asked with hopeful eyes "Did you see where he went?"

She shook her head.

My shoulders sagged in disappointment.

"You shouldn't really worry so much"

"What do you mean?"

"About him ignoring you. I'm sure he doesn't hate you, he just have no choice"

"But how would you know that?"

She shrugged.

"I'm a magical being. I know everything" She smiled.

And she vanished.

Juvia stood up with wide eyes and scanned her surroundings.

Did I really just have a conversation with a ghost?

I heard a soft rustle of leaves and almost jumped when a voice spoke.

"Who were you talking to?" Gray-sama growled out.

I scanned him from head to toe, my eyes widening when I saw his blood-red eyes and trembling body.

He was angry and Juvia doesn't know why.

"G-Gray-sama... "

...

Vote, comment, and follow *3*