T w e l v e

Gray's POV

"Will she be okay?" I asked the middle-aged maid worriedly as she placed a cold, damp cloth in Juvia's forehead.

"Of course. The heat of the water must've made her feel lightheaded" She smiled and walked up to me "Don't worry young man, your lover will be fine"

The faintest of red crept it's way up my cheeks "She's not my lover"

"Oh? Is that so? Sorry about that" She giggled "But are you sure you wouldn't be joining the princess and your other companions to go explore the kingdom?"

I shook my head "No. I- I'd rather explore this place first"

"Well okay then" She headed for the door when she suddenly paused and turned back "By the way, how'd you know where to find me? I believe I only told the young lady over there where I was" She looked at Juvia. I shrugged.

"I have my ways" She raised a brow but decided to just wave it off "Okay then. See you around"

She closed the door behind her before walking out.

I sighed and sat next to Juvia's side, watching her sleep peacefully. My fingers unconsciously found their way touching Juvia's cheek and I just let them linger there for a while. Her skin felt so smooth and delicate.

She stirred in her sleep and I quickly brought my fingers away, afraid she might wake up any moment.

I waited.

.
.
.
.

Her eyes remained closed.

What is the matter with me? Why am I even here?

I stood up and turned to leave when her sudden whimpering immediately made me stop in my tracks.

"G-Gray-sama... "

I stole a glance from her and noticed that her eyebrows were furrowed.

Damn it!

My footsteps carried me next to her before much fingers, once again rested on her face.

She stirred again before her lips curved up and the crease in her eyebrows vanished.

Thump! Thump!

I clutched my chest tightly.

"Just a little longer... " I muttered to myself "I'll stay here just a little longer... "

Juvia's POV

(A few hours later)

Juvia's eyes fluttered open when she felt a soft and cold sensation on her forehead.

I sat up and a damp towel fell down to my lap.

"What happened?"

Memories of the previous events came flooding back to her head and she blushed

That's right! Gray-sama saw me naked!

"You're awake" Juvia quickly looked to her side and found Gray-sama sitting on a chair and reading a book in his hands.

"G-Gray-sama?! W-what are you doing here?!" Juvia pulled the blanket up and saw that she was wearing a new dress.

I gasped.

"G-Gray-s-sama you didn't- "

"I made the maid change your clothes. Relax"

Juvia breathed a sigh of relief.