E i g h t e e n

Juvia's POV

*snap*

Juvia breathed a big gulp of air and exhaled "*hic* I knew this corset was *hic* the problem! Thanks Mr. *hic*  Wolf!"

The wolf walked back in front of Juvia and allowed himself to be rubbed in the head.

Juvia threw the corset on the pile of snow on the ground.

"B-but *hic* hey... This *hic is so weird. You're *hic*... " Juvia put a hand above her head and another on the wolf "Yo— *hic* you're taller *hic* than meee!!!!" Juvia whined.

"This *hic* is s-so unfair! How can *hic* y-you be taller *hic*  than me!" For some odd reason, that mere fact made Juvia tear up.

The wolf's eyes widened and lowered his head, his nose poking my cheek as if telling Juvia not to cry.

Juvia wiped away her tears and smiled at the large wolf "It's o-okay *hic*. J-Juvia *hic forgives you *hic* for *hic* being tall *hic*"

The wolf nuzzled my cheek and licked my face.

"Hey! *hic* Juvia did not give you *hic* permission to *hic* do that!" Juvia giggled.

This wolf looks scary but is actually pretty gentle.

"I wonder *hic* where you came from *hic*" Juvia muttered as she rubbed its neck soothingly. He seemed to like it because he closed his eyes and took a few steps closer to Juvia.

A cold wind brushed passed Juvia's skin, creating goosebumps all over her body and reminding her that she was outside in the snow.

But Juvia doesn't want to go back inside.

The wolf backed away from Juvia and started walking back where he came from a while ago.

Juvia thought he was finally going to leave her behind but then he looked at me again with his crimson eyes and motioned its head to follow him.

This wolf acts strangely...

But he doesn't look harmful so Juvia followed him.

Juvia doesn't know where the animal is taking her but she doesn't care. The alcohol is starting to kick in again, making her eyesight blurry and her legs all wobbly.

She also felt sleepy.

Luckily, the wolf didn't care even when Juvia placed her hand on his body for support.

Her eyesight may be blurry but if she were to guess, they were probably walking through a forest.

Was this a bad idea?

A few more walking and we finally stopped by a lit cave. We went inside and Juvia caught a glimpse of a lamp hanging on one side and a pair of trousers on the ground.

Is the wolf's owner here? But the cave seems empty.

The wolf led me to a spot that was covered in hay. He used his paws to remove some of the straw off, revealing a small hidden bottle which he grabbed with his teeth.

He walked back to me and nudged my hand with the tip of his nose. Juvia raised a brow until she finally realized what it was trying to do.

She took the small bottle from his mouth and opened the cork.

"W-wus *hic* dis?" Juvia asked sleepily.

The wolf only gave out a bunch of whines as a reply which if you ask me, sounded like he wants me to drink it. Juvia laughed.

"*hic* Y-you *hic* just don't *hic* *hic* d-drink from a bottle given by a straaaaynn, streynjjjj awniimal *hic*" Juvia pounded her chest with her fist frustratedly.

"T-theeseee *hic* *hic* annoying hic—*hic*—ccupsss won't stopppp! *hic*" Juvia cried out.

The wolf rolled its eyes at me.

Juvia frowned "Rude wolf *hic*"

A strange feeling crept up Juvia's head. It feels familiar.

Drink it.

Juvia blinked.

Was I imagining that or did my mind really tell me to drink what's in this bottle?

Juvia looked at the wolf. It was staring at me.

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Juvia drank everything in one gulp.

At first nothing happened, but then after a few minutes, it was finally starting to show its effects. Other than it finally helped Juvia get rid of the hiccups, it seemed to make her feel even more drowsy.

Her body felt so exhausted that she just wants to lay down the ground and sleep.

"G-goodnight" Juvia mumbled before yawning and passing out on something soft.

It wasn't till a little while later when the soft, warm thing disappeared and Juvia was left scrambling for it in her sleep.

She heard something breaking and few rustling sound but the exhaustion on her body was too much that Juvia can't even bear to open her eyes.

She felt herself being lifted up the ground and being pulled into a familiar warm chest that she couldn't quite comprehend whom but she didn't care at the moment.

Juvia heard a deep chuckle and felt a hand caress her cheek which made her sigh contentedly.

"Foolish girl"

She heard a voice say before she finally succumbed into complete unconsciousness.

Wendy's POV

I've been looking for Juvia-san for more than an hour now but I still couldn't find her. Everyone already retired to their bedrooms because it was getting late but Juvia was still missing. I checked in her bedroom but she wasn't there either.

I brewed up a medicine for her to drink to cure her hiccups and told her to stay put but then the next thing I knew, she disappeared.

I'm starting to get really worried.

"Juvia-san where are you?! Juvia—" I was interrupted when one of the palace doors opened and a familiar raven-haired man entered.

I hurriedly walked up to him and was about to ask if he knew where Juvia was when I caught sight of her sleeping in his arms.

I gasped.

"I-is she okay?!" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I found her outside when I was practising around the area. She removed her corset and passed out on the snow" He replied in his usual blank expression.

He was practising? That must explain why he's half-naked.

Juvia groaned and inched closer to Gray. That's strange, her hiccups even stopped. I thought it was going to last longer.

"Well um okay and by the way" I gave him the bottle with the medicine "Can you place that on her bedside table? If she starts having hiccups again that would help her"

Gray nodded.

"Well um that's all goodnight" I smiled.

"Goodnight" He smiled back.

I watched him walk further and further away from me with Juvia in his arms.

I yawned sleepily and rubbed my eyes.

"Time to sleep" I said to myself as I retired back to my room.

...

If you liked this story, please vote, comment, follow, and if you can share this story with your friends then please do. I'd very much appreciate it thanks (((;