Prologue

I've always had a secret hatred for the royal family. Not particularly the king and queen, but the princes. Two brothers, always fighting to claim the throne after their father, having new rumors regarding dating every week, giving me smirks whenever I pass by them, and what ticks me off the most... being arrogant pricks.

Their names? Prince Taehyung and Prince Jungkook.

Of course, I can't be open about how much I despise them because I'd get killed without a second thought. So naturally, when my younger sister, Nayun, starts daydreaming about how attractive they are and how she wishes one of them would marry her, I have to stop myself from saying I'd like to punch both of their stupid noses in.

"He is so hot~ oh god I hope mother signs me up to marry them quickly, I can't stand it anymore," Nayun shamelessly whines about her sexual frustrations.

"You're only 13 Nayun, calm down. There are still 2 months left until you're legible to enter."

"No... can I come with you next time you go to the palace? Maybe one of them will fall in love with me and marry me quickly."

I roll my eyes. "Can't you at least pick which one you want to marry? You're going to have to choose soon enough, anyway."

What Nayun is so impatient to enter? The Royal Harvest, of course.

It's quite a gruesome name for something so innocent.

Our kingdom has an unusual, but greatly admired way of picking a queen. When the first prince becomes 15, it is celebrated throughout the kingdom and every family with a daughter older than 14 years enters them into the Royal Harvest. Families from the poor districts have to pay a fee to enter their daughters in, but we well-off girls get to enter for free. This is because the royal family wants to stunt any chance of the prince falling for a poor girl, but still allow them to participate.

The system of the Royal Harvest dates back to when our Kingdom was first formed, as a way to calm the civilian populace by granting them a chance at wealth, and also to make female births more wanted. Males can grow up and support the family, but if a girl comes out victorious in the Royal Harvest, her family amasses great wealth and becomes second class to blood royals.

It's a great honor to win the heart of the First Prince. That is, First prince, because any other princes will marry a girl and make her a princess, not a queen. The only way a second prince can make his wife into queen, is if the First Prince and his princess die before having a male offspring. This has only happened once before in history, during the Royal Harvest of our current King.

During the actual Harvest, girls meet the prince in groups of 30, for a short dinner with him and zero time alone, and any ones that the prince fancies are put into the next group, and so on. Until the First Prince makes a final decision on his own accord or is forced to because of his father's declining health, the Harvest continues, year by year, every single week.

When the First Prince finds his queen, the next royal son can then begin his Harvest and go through the whole process to find his princess.

But here's the catch. Until they are wed, the princes can simply fuck around as much as they please. The amount of girls rumored to have slept with either of them is absurd and honestly, the main reason I despise them so deeply.

To be Continued...