A Weak Threat

"For Jungkook?" You laugh and turn onto your side. "Of course not."

Yerim lets out a breathe of air and smiles. "Good. Forgive me for intruding and prying, my lady."

You return the smile before your eyes suddenly go sad, and you lower your voice. "But that's not what I'm worried about now, anyway..." She listens attentively without uttering a word. "I'm worried that I'm falling for Prince Taehyung," you confess.

Yerim's features don't change in any way, and she waits for you to continue. When you don't, she says, "What's the worry with that?"

"Because," you breathe, "he's always with Lua, and he kept her of all the girls in the kingdom, and he was kissing her the other day when he said he only wanted to kiss one person in his entire life, and even though I saw him, he obviously doesn't care because he hasn't spoken to me all dayㅡI mean, I get that he's busy and all, but isn't the main priority finding a wife now?" You take in a breath of air. "I'm thinking of leaving the Harvest."

Her eyes widen at the last part. "Miss, don't leave! The entire purpose of the Harvest is a competition; not just for civilian entertainment, but for the royal family too. He's supposed to explore with many women so he doesn't become too attached to one, until he finds the one right for him. If you want His Highness to pick you, you have to fight for the crown!"

You groan and shut your eyes. "I don't even want the crown!" you whine loudly. "I don't even know if I want to marry Taehyung just yet... This is all so stupid and complicated."

"My lady, I know my advice means nothing," she pauses and takes a step forward to place a hand on your arm, "but I don't think you should let small things like this ruin your chances with His Highness."

Small things? You think. Lying about something important to you and not giving two shits about it isn't small.

"From a bigger perspective," she continues, "it's his job."

...

Hmph, you scoff in your head. It's his job to be a man-whore and get with several women in a single day.

Who would've thought Yerim was right in that exploring with many girls was his duty now?

You're wrapped in a large blanket with an opening just large enough for your head, and you read from a book dedicated entirely to the Harvest; the history, the rules, the application, everything.

While the book helps Taehyung's case regarding Lua, there wasn't any mention of lying about your loyalty to a sexual act to persuade a girl into doing it with you.

You were still mad.

And it hurt even more that it had been two days since the night you found him with Lua, and he still hadn't come to confront you. Now, he wasn't that busy.

You sigh heavily, getting ready to return the book to the library and sliding on your fluffy slippers. Since you're already in a night gown, you put on a robe to cover your chest and arms, and head out of your cage.

You step into the large room and peer at the unending isles of knowledge and stories, feeling excitement just from standing amongst millions of written words.

It was exciting.

As you take small steps and look for the book's rightful place, a curly, blonde head of hair catches your eye. The man turns around, and you realize it's the guard from the other day.

"Oh," you call out as you make eye contact. "It's you. What's your name, again?"

He gives a charming smile and bows 90 degrees. "Park Jimin, my lady," he says in a cute, high-pitched voice.

You return the gesture and smile warmly. "Sooyun," you greet. "I thought you were an outdoor guard."

"I am, but I'm not on shift right now. I've just come here to escort a lady."

"A lady?"

He nods, eyes moving down to the book in your hands. "What's that?"

"Nothing," you mumble, suddenly defensive and sliding the book into a random spot to hide its premise.

He gives a single glance in its direction, and a smirk begins to form on his features. "I don't think Everything you Need to Know About Winning the Harvest belongs in English literature, my lady," he teases.

Your cheeks turn pink, and you take the book back to find its correct location. "You could've pretended not to see it."

His eyes crinkle in a smile, and your blush deepens with the handsome man laughing in front of you. "I'm joking, Lady Sooyun. There's no need to be ashamed of reading that; it could change your life, for all I know."

You look down at your feet with a shy smile, but when you look back up, an unwanted presence has appeared. Her high heels make obnoxious clicking sounds under her, disrupting the quietness of the library and giving you a minor headache.

"Oh, Sooyun!" she screeches as her eyes land on your tired, robed body. "It's been too long!"

"Okay, Jimin. I'm gonna leave now." You turn around with an eye roll and take large steps, but a hand stops you. "Ugh," you groan while shaking your arm out of her grasp.

"Actually, sir, I'm going to accompany Sooyun to her room, so you can head back," her voice rings through your ears, and you shut your eyes painfully.

You know that resistance is futile, so you give a sad look and wave to Jimin weakly.

"That's alright. Farewell, my ladies."

And you're practically dragged back to your own room by Lua, who refuses to break contact with you; most likely sensing that you're going to run as fast as you can away from her if given the opportunity.

"Is this your room?" she asks while pointing to your cage.

You nod, and she pulls you in without your permission. "Oh, thank goodness," her voice loses its innocent touch, and she closes the door behind her as you sit on the bed.

"Why are you here, again?" you ask annoyedly.

She laughs loudly before standing in front of you with her hands on her hips. "Because you need to back off, and let me live happily with Prince Taehyung," she says through gritted teeth. "You interrupted us the other day, and he's been avoiding me since. Stop ruining everything!"

You lean onto your pillows lazily, feeling cocky to have her so desperate and angry because you interrupted their fun. "So...what's the question?"

"There is no question!" She fists her hands and leans forward. "Leave the fucking Harvest, and leave him to me."

"And what if I don't want to leave?"

"I'll make you leave myself," she hisses.

"Why can't we just share, Lua?" you mock while sinking into the comfort of your bed and closing your eyes dismissively. "If you're so confident that he wants you, why not just let it unravel on its own? You're notㅡperhaps, threatened by me, are you?"

"You stupid bitch," she shrieks before giving a hard slap to your cheek. "Leave!"

You glare at her while holding your throbbing cheek, ready to fight back, when she lifts her arm up again and lets out a very unfeminine sound.

You put up your hand for defense, but before she can mark you again, she suddenly freezes.

"Stop," you hear from behind the blonde-haired girl.

You whip your head toward the familiar deep voice and lock eyes with him, heart mixed with sadness, anger, and relief all at the same time.

To be Continued...

(A/N Ya girl has been a lazy, busy ass bitch for the past few weeks, sorry for the very, very late update 🥺 I hope you enjoyed the chapter 💜)