Royal Harvest

Personally, I never wanted to enter the Royal Harvest. My mother put me in, without my knowledge, the day of my fourteenth birthday.

I suppose she could sense my hatred for the princes or maybe, my faces of disgust whenever their names are mentioned gave it away. Either way, I have been a part of the Harvest for two years now, my pick being Prince Taehyung because he is the First Prince, and my mother wanted to be a royal as soon as possible.

Of course, I'm the one that's going to become royalty, not her.

Since there are so many girls waiting in line to win the Prince's heart, our actual feast with him can happen anywhere from the next week to years after signing up. Fortunately for me, I was called on years after my initial entering.

Last week, I had my first dinner with Prince Taehyung and...unfortunately, I was picked as the only girl from the group to continue on to the next week. I think I failed to show I have basic manners that day, so I can't imagine why he'd want to see me again but...

Arrogant bastard... He's probably just trying to get into my pants like all those other girls.

To be fair, I can imagine it being stressful and difficult for the Prince to choose a wife with pretty much the entire country offered to him, but...I still wish both of them would disappear off the face of the planet.

Just saying.

"Oh honey... You look so beautiful. What man wouldn't fall for you like this?" my mom admires while tightening the ribbons on the back of my dress. She immediately notices my posture and scolds me. "And straighten up, young lady! What did they teach you in the etiquette classes if you can't even maintain proper posture for more than five minutes?!"

How to get into the prince's bed...?

"Mother! I hate those classes so much! It's like paying money to sit in a room with a stick up your ass all day!" I whine while fixing my dress in the mirror, slyly loosening the ribbons to allow myself breathing room.

She exaggeratedly gasps. "Han Sooyun! Don't curse in my house. I still have rights over you." She parts my hair in three sections, getting ready to braid it. "If you curse in front of Prince Taehyung, you'll get an automatic disqualification!"

I let my shoulders relax again. "Who cares? I'll just enter Jungkook's in a few years. He's more attractive anyway."

"Sooyun... what am I going to do with you?" She sighs. "You just referred to a Prince by his first name and no title. And even worse, you're saying positive things about Prince Jungkook? You could get killed for that, love... You know I just want you to be safe."

She's right. If you fall for or show any signs of being in love with another man while being a part of the Harvest, you get publicly executed. Until now, I guess I never really thought about how awful this whole thing is... The process is unforgiving.

"And more importantly," I elongate my words. "You want to be a second class royal?"

"Your safety and happiness is more important."

"Whatever." I finish making myself presentable for a man I despise and knock on Nayun's door. I wait for a minute, and she finally steps out in a dress that's...prettier than mine. I laugh. "I think you're taking this too seriously, Nayun."

She looks up, and I notice the eyeshadow she has applied. "Do I look okay?"

"You look beautiful. Now let's go before I get kicked out for being late."

...

I step out of the car with Nayun right behind me and a million cameras flashing from all sides.