Innocent and Ignorant

"Do you have to call me 'Lady Sooyun,' instead of just my first name?"

He twists his head questioningly. "Why would I refer to you by your first name?"

You pout. It was so hard talking to a prince, and you just wanted to be casual with him already. "C-Can't you?" You fidget with your fingers and turn your head slightly, so Taehyung can't see your face. "Is it wrong?"

"It's," he elongates. "Odd."

Your shoulders slouch into his embrace. Damn. "Is there anyone you do call by their first name?"

He thinks for a second. "Jungkook and," you feel his lips curve against your neck, "Yoora."

You swallow thickly. The girl that Lua mentioned last week. "W-Who's that?"

He pulls back, secretly sniffing at your floral-scented hair. "My First Lady."

.

"He finally let a girl stay? Who is this?" The Queen whispers into her husband's ear.

Yoora Ashikaga.

"I like her," he says simply. "Her parents have ties with Britain and Japan; this will be good for our trade."

"She's very dignified, almost already a queen," a worker close to the throne says in awe. "She was born for the role."

"Perfect for Taehyung."

"She'll change him for the better."

.

"Your First Lady?" you breathe out. "The first girl you kept?"

How did you not know this?

"Yes, of course. Don't you read the news?"

You shake your head. Your parents always kept you updated on Harvest news, but you ignored it. You didn't want anything to do with Taehyung or his harem, as you thought it. "So... There's another girl living here?"

"Another? No, there are two," he corrects you. "But only Yoora is here now, my second is visiting Spain. Though the last time I saw her was more than a year ago...so that connection has suffered a bit."

You blink with shock. You really, really did not know any of this. "I'm your third?"

He turns your stiff body toward him and smiles, making his eyes crease with delight. "Yes, you are."

You blink again. Did you think you were his first? Were you hoping that you were his first?

You laugh awkwardly. "Right, right. Sorry," you apologize for no reason. "Quite arrogant of me to think that no other woman has ever interested you, right?"

He looks at you with innocent doe eyes.

"I mean, yeah. I guess I have competition, don't I?" You fumble with your words and create a thick, suffocating atmosphere unintentionally. You had a talent of doing that.

"That's the point of the Harvest," he says while holding your hands. The simple gesture has your heart racing in your chest.

Taehyung expected you to be ecstatic knowing that you were his third pick, maybe even make up an encouraging 'third time is a charm,' joke, but you didn't. You were confused, almost scared.