In the Case of Death or Displacement

"There's no need to be so angry, Taehyung. Then again,

"Isn't it because you know she's mine...brother?"

Taehyung's eyes widen. "What did you just call me?"

"Brother, of course. My dearest younger brother, the one that's stealing my place on the throne." The man gives a smug look.

"W-What the fuck are you talking about?"

He takes a step closer and drops his voice. "My name is Min Yoongi, and I'm the son of your father's mistress, Prince Taehyung."

...

"We didn't have big cameras and all of this technology back then, so Hyeon was never actually caught being a womanizer for the public to see." The Queen lets her eyes wander and focus on something in the distance. "Just for us girls in the Harvest."

You bite your lip. "Did you ever catch him?"

Like how I caught Taehyung, You think with a mental eye roll.

Her fond smile turns sad. "Yes...many a time," she confesses simply.

...

"Your despicable father left my mother to die in the North, but guess what? I was still born," the man narrates with fire in his eyes, hatred collecting rapidly in his chest. "Even then, he couldn't risk his wife knowing, so whenever she'd come begging for help, he gave her nothing. Didn't spare a cent of his millions, didn't care if he killed a woman and her new-born child."

Taehyung stands still. No...that's not possible...

He smiles. "But then my father came along, my real father, and he took care of my mother, gave me everything a father would.

"And he spoke up for me, when the Princess of the North was born. He gave me the chance to grasp my rightful place as King, and he told everyone my story." He makes eye contact with Taehyung. "I was engaged to the Princess since she was one year old.

"Do you know the name of that Princess?"

...

"Y-Your Majesty, why are you telling me all of this?" you ask timidly.

She sighs deeply and turns to you with a smile. "Sooyun, I'll ask you this only once: do you think you're fit to be Queen?"

Your eyes turn down. "No, of course not. I wasn't lying during those interviews; I'm here only because of Taehyung."

"Then what do you think is going to happen when you do become Queen? Is your love for him going to help in ruling, in solidifying power?" she taunts.

"It won't," your throat turns dry, "but I can learn! I can learn everything so I can be beside him as a ruler and as a wife!" You subconsciously put your hand up to your chest. "Your Majesty, I know you don't trust me, and I know you don't like my background, but I'll do anything for Taehyung, no matter how out of sight it is; at this point... I-I don't think my body will let me reject him."

The Queen stands up suddenly and ruffles your hair.

You blush at the unexpected action.