Caged Fire

You stop at Jungkook's door, which stands embellished with jewels and beads in a floral pattern up to the very top edge. You notice it's slightly ajar and push it just enough to peak inside.

"Jungkook?" you call out.

Your eyes land on the man, who sits on a chair with a towel around his waist and with beads of water dripping from his hair onto his chest.

"Jungkook!" you repeat enthusiastically. "You're out!"

You push the door open and run up to him with a grin on your face. He returns the look with a sweet smile and a show of his front teeth.

"Good morning, Sooyun," he greets. "—You look a little hot right now. Could it be because I'm so incredibly dashing with no shirt on as I just came out of the shower?"

You stare blankly before breaking into a giggle. "Well I'm glad being an inmate for a few weeks didn't change you, Kookie."

He huffs and lays down onto the bed, revealing his toned muscles and smooth torso. You avert your eyes carefully.

I wasn't aware of the abs he's had under the thousand layers of Prince clothing he always wears...

"Thanks for breaking me out of there, Sooyun," he says. "I would still be in that stinky hole if it weren't for you and your tendency to make out with my big brother at every opportunity."

You cough and turn away, cheeks turned crimson red. "I've had enough of that since it happened, please don't mention it ever again."

"Mm. Why? Are you embarrassed?"

"Yes."

"Oooh. Oh no, it must have been shocking for everyone to find out that you're in love with him. It's so crazy."

You purse your lips.

Before Jungkook can continue his teasing and subtle support, clicking footsteps from behind signal Taehyung's presence.

"Taehyung?" You turn his way with curious eyes. "Didn't you say you had a meeting?"

Chills run up your spine when you notice his grim look and a shadow cast across his dark eyes. "Don't stay here, Sooyun," he says shortly.

You raise a brow. "Why?"

"Remain anywhere too long, and those damned photographers will catch you in some twisted article again."

Your eyes widen. "A-Again? I thought your mom..."

"I don't know who it is, but I can't trust anyone in our own palace anymore. Someone's out to get you, Sooyun."

.

A hand taps on Taehyung's shoulder. He turns to meet the culprit, when his eyes land on the dreaded Min Yoongi.

Taehyung's features settle to stone hard glares, but it's quickly vanished into shock when the man pulls something out of his pocket.

It was a picture of you and Taehyung from just hours ago, in the secret library.

How did he get this?

"I have an offer," Yoongi says. "Let me be on a show with her, and I won't release these photos."

Taehyung shows unwavering interest in the photo while running scenarios through his head. In a pompous manner, he says, "It already happened once, it's not going to have such a big impact this time. So I will not."