Case

The words "Not worthy to be your Queen," are first to catch your attention as you step into the Women's Room, and seeing a picture of your face mounted on a screen comes no surprise.

The Women's Room, which has increasingly become less of a haven for the ladies and the Queen, but a reporter ground for news, is now flocking with life.

You step in with a sigh.

Just yesterday, your mother and father revealed to you the whole truth of your birth, and the following rebel talk with Hoseok left you even more weary than you would have been otherwise.

Especially what he said just before he left: "Ask him about his back."

You didn't get the chance to confront Taehyung about it yesterday, and it seems you won't be today either; because as the speakers hum with more news about you, and as Yoongi's voice rings through the room, you're already exhausted.

One thing after the next, You think.

Your eyes travel to the large screen in the center of the room.

"How could one expect much of her, with other contenders coming from Japanese royalty, French royalty, your own nobility? And it wouldn't be a shame to them to be won by a Northener? How has His Highness and the whole of the country fell for one so...low?"

You yawn, a small itch felt in your eyebrow.

"And I mean no harm to Miss Sooyun, or rather, Princess Sooyun and her reputation. What a wonderful woman she must be to have made it this far regardless of her position. But one must consider her rightful place, who she is, and what she was born to rule over."

"Shameful," you suddenly hear the Queen's voice. "He's using the same tactics always used to put down nobles; tainting your reputation and making you seem unworthy, all the while praising you and your qualities. It's the way he'll make the people look down on you enough to want another for Queen, but still keep face." Her face shows no emotion.

"Your Majesty..." you say softly. "What am I supposed to do about this? The only way he's gotten away with broadcasting all this on our networks is because...because His Majesty is allowing it."

"I am aware."

You stare blankly.

"He's doing everything he can, which amasses to a lot, to stop you from winning."

"And," you bite your lip, "you don't oppose that?"

"I'll admit that I do," she says. "You've been by far my favorite girl to come in through those doors, Taehyung is head-over-heels for you, and there's a part of you that reminds me of my former self, while I was in the Harvest," she speaks, a sigh escaping her lips. "As I've told you, you have my full support in this competition. However: What I can do to help you? I'm not so sure."

You look at your feet and nod.

There's only one person who beats the Queen in power, and that's the King.

You breathe a ragged breath, the voice of Yoongi still echoing through the room.

Then, a familiar dark haired man steps into your sight. Your eyes twinkle and form little crescents.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes, my love?" he answers.

As usual, you blush and look away from the intense gaze of his smiling eyes.

"As much as it flatters me, I'd rather you not look at me like I'm the only thing in the world. It's embarrassing, Taehyung," you say quietly, still with pink tinted cheeks.