Dam

"Hey, get down."

"Is it clear, my lady?"

"Shh."

...

"Oh dear God, it's true!"

"Bingo."

...

"Taehyung," you say sweetly. "Kiss me."

He smiles and wraps his arms around your waist before pressing a kiss to your lips. "What's gotten into you today?" He chuckles.

You smile shyly. "Nothing... I'm just worried that you'll abandon me when you realize I'm the uglier sister."

He laughs cutely, eyes scrunching into little crescents. "I'm not into 14 year olds."

"Half of your Harvest is 14 year olds, Taehyung."

"Yes, but my favorite of those is not." He buries his head into your neck and kisses you gently.

Your tranquil smile drops into a frown, and you sigh. "I can't believe I missed Nayun's birthday...all because of you and your insistence of me staying here forever."

"Mm, I'm sorry, love."

"No you're not."

He laughs again, and you feel his steady heartbeat move from your back as he pulls away and looks into your eyes. "Are you excited to see her again today?"

You think for a moment. "I guess... Though I wish my older brother would visit with her." Hoseok has been missing in your life for far longer than Nayun has, and he isn't going through the edgy teenager phase anymore. Naturally, he was more pleasant to be around.

"Why can't he?"

You sigh. "Traveling."

"Ah," he breathes. "Well, your favorite man on this planet will still be here."

He smiles while poking your side playfully. You roll your eyes and lean back into his embrace. "I can't wait to see my favorite man on this planet flirting with a fresh batch of women."

"I can't either."

"Hey!" You slap his arm before abruptly turning around and hugging him tightly, arms secured around his torso and face hidden in his chest. "Shut up."

...

"Sooyun!" your parents call out beside your newest competition and immature sister, Nayun.

You wave and run over to them, capturing them in hugs and getting a kiss from your mother. Turning to your sister, you notice something off about her. "You don't look as excited as I imagined you'd be today."

She doesn't respond.

...

"To end today's dinner, I'd like to congratulate Lady Lua on her fifth week and her continued stay in the palace."

The room reverberates with claps.

"And," they pause, "our newest guest, Lady Nayun. You'll continue on to next week; congratulations and thank you all for coming."

Nayun's eyes widen in surprise and fear.

How did two girls from a single family get chosen to stay?

Following the chaos of the day, she escapes the palace without speaking to anyone and runs into her own house just blocks away, locking the door to her bedroom behind her.