Shame on Me

Your eyes well up with tears, but you can't seem to move your gaze away from the two. Your legs don't cooperate with your brain's commands, and you stand there, speechless and heartbroken for a good minute while they make out.

A choking sound comes from your throat, and Lua hears. Her eyes open slightly, and when she notices your presence, she doesn't stop.

Her lips curve into an evil grin as her high pitched voice begs him to continue. "Prince Taehyung," she moans as he moves down to her neck and aggressively pulls her collar down to reveal her entire chest.

While Lua's smiling and whimpering at your demise and Taehyung's pressed up against her and marking her skin, Hani calls out to you. "Lady Sooyun?" she asks softly from afar, earning the attention of the couple and finally giving you the power to move your own legs.

Taehyung locks eyes with you, and you cry. You cry as you run with all your might, past Hani, past the stairwell, and back to your room on the second floor.

A deep, "Wait," is the last thing you hear before taking off.

You cover your mouth with your sleeve to prevent a sound from escaping your throat, and you zoom past doorway after doorway uneasily, hearing footsteps behind you and hoping it isn't Taehyung that's following you.

"Hah..." your breathing is heavy and choked as you step into your room and close the door behind you. "Fuck," you groan, cursing the palace design and their lack of proper locks on the doors.

He could walk in at any second.

You pant and look around the space with blurred vision, trying to locate some place to hide or some thing to block the door with.

A whimper is heard from the other side of the wood as you quickly change plans and run off into the connecting bathroom.

At least the bathrooms have locks, You think with a runny nose and steady sniffles.

Right behind you was Taehyung, who entered your room the moment you fled to the bath. "Sooyun!" he yells, not caring that it's the middle of the night or to use your rightful honorific. "Sooyun," he says again, taking in a quick search of your space and realizing that you're not there.

Until you involuntary sniffle, and he hears the soft sound in the quietness of the night. She's hiding in the bathroom.

He places a hand on his heart to quiet the rapid beating, and he kneels down onto the floor by your door. "Sooyun, come out," he demands in a weak voice.

You don't speak, feeling ashamed that you're sitting against the door of your bath to avoid talking to your Prince but wishing that he would just leave.

Silence. "I'm sorry, please come out," Taehyung apologizes with as much sincerity that he can physically muster. "It was a mistake. I can explain."

He rests his back against the door just as you are on the opposite side, and the only thing that separates you two from touching is the thin plank of wood in between your backs.

"Answer me, Sooyun," he pleads.

No response.

"Please."

No response.

At the same time you let your head fall onto your knees, Taehyung holds his head in his large hands with frustration clearly growing on his features and in his raspy voice. He chuckles. "You have a man whose about to become King kneeling down for you beside a bathroom and begging for you to come out," he speaks softly.

Your heavy heart thumps against your chest. His voice was so close to you, but at the same time, you felt so distant.

Why couldn't you just face him and have a real conversation with him? Why had you been avoiding the topic of Lua this entire time, when you very well knew that he kept herㅡfor you, and that he might have removed her from the competition if you'd asked?

Why were you so stupid?

Even now, as you're crying and pained, and he's crouched alongside you in an attempt to fix this, you refuse. You won't utter a word.

But is he truly trying to fix this? Is he willing to give up Lua for you? At the very least, won't his Prince pride pull him back and make him stubbornly refuse?

"I don't care about her, Sooyun. I'm sorry."

You swallow several times, hating yourself for feeling the slightest bit of relief at his confession.

"I want you," he says in his deep, smooth voice, and your stomach clenches with sorrow.

No, You think. I won't let him get to me.

After all, Taehyung was just a womanizer looking to play with you and add you to his collection of virgin prizes; wasn't he?

"I know you do too," he says, and another tear slips out of your eye.

He was right.

"I know I hurt you, but I can explain for myself," he says lowly. "I don't want to leave you here, hurt over what you saw." He turns an inch and puts his hand up to the door, as if knowing that you're right behind him.

"Come out," he asks once more.

But your mind is set in its stubbornness, and you promised to yourself that you wouldn't move an inch or speak a word until he left. So you don't.

"I won't leave until you answer me, Sooyun," he stresses in one, final attempt at persuasion.

Likewise, Taehyung's mind is set in its stubbornness, and he promised to himself that he wouldn't leave your side until you knew the reason behind his betrayal. So he doesn't.

Neither of you move or utter another word for the rest of the night, both shivering against the freezing floor and clenching your teeth to fend off the intense cold of the night.

Taehyung had a strong girl crying for him, and you had a Prince crawling on the floor for you.

You were both ashamed.

But more so than that, you were both very stubborn.

To be Continued...

(A/N Okay damn so I haven't touched Wattpad in an entire week and now that I'm reading this chapter again for revision, I'm thinking tHis is sOme pretty good shit 💀😂 Please vote and comment 💜)