Eye of the Storm

You wake up to a steady heart beating against your cheek. Opening your eyes, you look up to see Taehyung asleep with his lips pouted cutely.

You smile and bring your hand up to ruffle his hair.

He looks so innocent, but I can't stop thinking about what he's kept hidden from me. Yelling at his mother yesterday, being so secretive over the library, and stopping me from reading that book... Why?

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

You quickly look away with an increasingly red tint invading your cheeks.

His voice.

It's so deep.

You subconsciously close the distance between your legs and turn onto your side.

"Hmm?" he hums in his ragged morning voice, and you nearly drool on the spot. "Don't turn away from me, Sooyun."

He tilts your head back with his finger and stares at it with half-opened eyes. "W-What?" you let out timidly, your gaze boldly drawing down to his puffy, pink lips.

It's too early for this.

But it seems that Taehyung thinks otherwise, because as you shift to get out of bed, he pulls you in closer and buries his face in your neck.

You close your eyes momentarily.

Hot, hot...

His breath hits your skin lightly before he stirs again. "I like you."

You cover your face with both hands and let out a quiet groan, unhooking your body from Taehyung's embrace and silently walking to the bathroom.

Taehyung falls back asleep in another second.

You splash cold water onto your face and take in a deep breath.

Come on, Sooyun. You can go a day without thinking about sleeping with him.

You shake your head and finish getting ready in the bathroom. When you come out, Taehyung remains curled into your blankets with his body spread out over your spot as well.

You bite your lip and walk over to his side, scanning the area for your book.

After a solid minute of searching, you realize it's not there.

This little bitch...

His hand suddenly curls around your wrist, and you yelp in surprise while being yanked on top of him. "Taehyung!"

He groans and wraps his arms around your waist. "Stupid, why won't you let me sleep?" he says with another low moaning sound.

"Let me go!" you order. "Where's my book, Taehyung!?"

At this point, you already read most of it, and it was just the principle of him barging into your room to snatch away your book, that angered you.

"I burned it."

Your eyes widen.

"Just kidding." He giggles. You scoff as he sits up and begins walking toward the bathroom.

"Well?" you prompt. "What'd you do with it?"

He shrugs, takes a step, and closes the door behind him.

Mother—

...

You sit in the forbidden library with a stack of new books beside you and one, halfway done, on your lap. You take a short break to stretch and continue reading peacefully.