A Tender Wound

I come home and immediately head to my room, stripping of my dress and curling up onto my bed with tears in my eyes.

What has happened to me?

Lua was right when she said that I've changed. Before taking part in the Harvest, I thoroughly despised both princes, and now...now...

I think I'm in love with Taehyung.

I block the thought from flowing through my brain, and I force my tears back in.

No. I will not be like the tens of thousands of young, immature girls who give themselves up to the Prince before exchanging two words.

I will not fall for a man that I've only spoken to a countable number of times and who is wanted by so many people.

I will not let a man, even if he is a prince, have control over me and my feelings.

I roll into my blankets and make myself into a human-burrito. I quit at trying in the Harvest.

...

"Han Sooyun! What is going on with you?" My mom screams in my ear over breakfast. "You didn't eat dinner with us last night, and you wouldn't answer your door!"

"Yeah," I grumble, moody from a lack of sleep and all that pointless crying.

"Don't talk to your mother like that, young lady," my father adds mindlessly from the corner.

I look down and roll my eyes, hoping not to be caught in my disrespectful act but my mother's screeches tell me otherwise. "That's it, Sooyun. One more time, and we're taking you out of the Harvest!"

I scoff and eye my dad, who is visibly shocked by her words.

"Go ahead," I say confidently while putting my dishes away and heading back to my room. I hear her gasp as I kick my door closed.

...

And lo and behold, my mother and father didn't force me out of the Harvest.

Figures, I think. I'd imagine they wouldn't threaten me with that when they very well know I am not the one who wants this, they are.

I hum softly as I walk through the palace corridor, entering the large garden and admiring the greenery. I smile while brushing up against the lush vegetation and letting the warm sun rays hit my skin.

This is nice without having to worry about Taehyung.

While bending down to smell a certain flower, I notice a shadow in front of me in the shape of a man. Turning around, I smile at the familiar soft features and toothy smile.

"Lady Sooyun," he says as he comes forward. "Why are you here?"

For a split second, I'm alarmed at the close proximity but I remember that he wouldn't ever approach me in that way and let down my defenses. "Am I not allowed to, Prince Jungkook?"

He gives me the same smile, and laughs. "I never said that. I was surprised because..." he looks away. "I didn't hear Hyung call for you."

"Oh," I mumble. "I'm not coming for him. I just wanted to visit...for fun." I cringe, not having a reason for my actions and not exactly knowing why I decided to come.

"It's okay," he chirps sweetly. "You can hang out with me."

I raises my brows, looking behind his shoulder as if this is a trap. "Are you trying to get me in a threesome, again?"