Your Best

"Excuse me? What do you mean 'why?'"

And now you realize the stupidity of the same exact question you asked Jungkook just the other day. How could he put into words why he loves you, if it took all the courage just to say those words?

You didn't need a reason; did you? Wasn't the fact that he gave you so much joy enough?

But... You think, Didn't he tell me the same thing while I was in bed? Was I just dreaming?

"I-I..." You notice a glisten in his eyes, and he turns away. "How can you love me when I've never been good to you?"

You swallow.

"I've kept you here for months when you clearly want to leave, I'm forcing you into a life that you don't want, and-and your sister," he struggles, and pang of guilt hits you.

You've gone past all of that and forgave him over and over again, but he won't let it go.

"I thought we were over all of that," you say.

"How can you when it's constantly happening?"

You blink slowly. "I mean, isn't that what lo—caring for someone is? I wouldn't leave you because of a few fights we've had."

"I'm not even giving you the option to leave."

"But I don't want to leave, Taehyung!" you assure, putting your hand on his cheek and forcing his teary eyes to meet yours. "I don't know why you're suddenly feeling this way, but I have so many reasons to say what I did! And even if you don't feel the same why, there's no point in lying to you or myself, so fine! I'll repeat: I love—"

Your second attempt is cut short when he shuts your mouth with his and kisses you deeply.

"Taehyung," you breathe, staring up into his dark brown eyes.

"I love you," he whimpers. "I don't even deserve to have you in my life, but I love you, more than everything and anything in this world. I love you so much."

He envelops your lips with his again, kissing you passionately and rubbing his thumb against your cheek.

You pull back with wet eyes and chuckle lightly. You slap his chest softly. "That took some work to get out of you," you sniffle.

He kisses the tip of your nose. "I love you," he says.

You laugh again as he wipes away your tears gently. "I got it..."

"But I love you.

"If you'll accept it, then yes, I can repeat it a hundred times over. Love you, love you, love you."

You whine and shove your head into his chest. He wraps his arms you tightly and presses his lips to your forehead.

...

"Another interview?" you groan.

"You've been missing for quite some time, my lady. They need explanations."

You whine again. "But I'm not good at explaining things."

"Just be you," Yerim says with a smile.