Tower of Secrets

The following day, you're seated in the Women's Room with the message pestering your mind.

Could it really be Hobi?

No, he must be back to traveling by now. But then who is it?

You shake out the distracting thoughts and try to give your best to the interview, ready for more tricks and measures of your loyalty and morality.

An odd thought it is, but you use Taehyung as motivation to get through it.

If you do well today, it could very well mean your secured position as his princess.

"Right," the host says. "We've heard so much about you so far; we know you like books, we know of your family life, and of course, we know you're the First Prince's choice. Now how about political matters?

"To start, what do you think is the most fair punishment for Prince Jungkook's feat?" 

Let the games begin.

"I mean, he saved my life. Why would I want any punishment on him?"

"This is not about your feelings, Miss. Emotions don't play into authority; as Queen, how would you deal with this?"

Her stone hard glare pierces through you, seemingly hoping to crack your mysteries with her eyes. "I'd punish myself, since I was the one who technically committed the crime, and he'd be free."

"And you'd accept execution."

"Well," you sigh and smile. "Laws can always change."

She hums. "Mm. Speaking of change, you've been previously asked this question to which you provided no response: what changes would you impose if crowned Princess?"

Ugh, You mentally groan. Not this again.

"Won't know till I get there." You cough.

Damnit, stupid Hobi or fake Hobi. I can't concentrate.

"In all honesty," you start shyly, "if I were given the choice and power, I'd try to make life easier for the people."

"Ah, and how?" she questions.

"Well, for one... I suppose I'd do something about the caste system," you cautiously step into dangerous territory.

You hear a gasp among the cameramen. Shoot.

"N-Not that it's bad, of course. It's just that I, of course, have been living amongst normal people my entire life, up until a few months ago. I haven't forgotten it," you clear. "While I was fortunate enough to live a more free and easy life, I've seen far too many people reduced to rags and lose their caste around me."

"If one has lost their caste, then it must be deserved," she says. "Why would you feel guilt for them?"

You let a small laugh escape your lips. "They are still human. I'd be a beast if I didn't."

You sit with your legs crossed and with your hands intertwined on top of your knees. A surge of confidence runs through you. This was getting easier.

Even if the thought of castes wasn't the initial thing to come to mind, it's almost been brought to light by your own mind, and you're definitely beginning to question it as you speak.

"That's quite nice," the interviewer concludes. "But I hope you know any change to the caste system would be unlawful and impossible if you were to become Queen; it'd shatter the long found tradition of our ancestors."

...

"Miss you can't go in yourself! You haven't even told his Highness! You must at least tell his Highness!" Hani clings to your arm as you search through the base floor of the palace, eyes roaming in search of the room mentioned in the letter.