Clarity

"I still can't believe that happened, Taehyung. This feels unreal, and not in a good way," you say in awe while holding his hand.

"So long as you're interacting with those people, I will too."

You smile as the two of you stop in front of the door to the Women's Room.

"Good luck," he says. He opens the door for you and lets you in, while his eyes stare at the side of your face.

"Thanks." You turn to him one last time to get a snap of his face ingrained in your brain, to remind you of what you're fighting for during these shows.

You slide your fingers out of his, when a voice earns your attention.

"Taehyung."

You turn to see his mother, the Queen, walking toward you with disapproval across her features. You gulp.

"Come here," she orders.

He follows her like a lost puppy, his steps short to match hers. "Yes?"

You watch as she stops in front of the large screen in the center of the room and taps on it. The light blues of the glass reflect her perfect, sculpted features, and within a second, an image pops up on the screen.

Your breath quickens at the sight.

"What is this?" she asks coldly. "I thought we were over this."

"Oh..." There it is, stretched out across half the wall, a front cover of you and Taehyung, kissing in front of his room. The title reads 'Prince Taehyung's Prized Concubine Cannot get her Hands off of Him.'

You choke on your own spit. You read further down the article to see the various rumors surrounding the two of you.

Not fit for a Queen... Peasant slut boasting for the camera... First Prince repeating his past...

The analytics show thousands of views, and you just about faint on the spot.

No... There's no way the conservative majority population will deal with this well.

And well enough, when the Queen scrolls up to reveal comments on the article, they're all negative.

Y'all shouldn't have trusted her, I knew from the start that a peasant like her couldn't keep up.

Yikes imagine Taehyung still picking her after this.

Lol a whore for a whore, I'd like to see these two incompetent asses try and rule a country.

The feeling of dread settles deep in your stomach. She scrolls further, to see a single person on your side.

Everyone is dying to hear about her love life and you're all constantly asking about dating and not so subtle sexual questions with the Prince, yet you can't handle a picture of them kissing. Do you guys know what happens after they get married?

"This is not a big deal, mother."

"It's not a big deal? You haven't been caught doing this in years," she scolds. "I thought you grew up!"

He sucks in air.

"What damned cameraman took these photos? Find them," she says to another man standing and watching the scene. "Close down the tabloid; we'll play fair like they want it."

Taehyung's eyes flicker to you, and so do the Queen's.

She narrows her eyes at you. "You're going on the show with her to explain yourself," she sighs as she walks away. "Fix this."