Lying Truth

"Open up."

"Go to hell."

At this point, your age was definitely showing. You didn't even care about Nayun or Jungkook anymore. You didn't learn anything, you didn't understand the consequences of refusing orders from your Prince; you just hated him more and more by the hour, and you felt miserable.

"God fucking damn it, where's the key?" You hear a sigh followed by shuffling through the door. Within a minute, he's opened your door and closed it again. "I need to carry this around with me from now on."

You lay curled up on your bed with a blanket covering your entire body.

"How're you holding up?" Taehyung asks.

When you don't respond, he sighs annoyedly.

"Come on, it's been a whole day. Are you just going to pretend to sleep until the world ends?"

"A whole day, and you're still an insufferable asshole," you retort.

Taehyung runs his free hand through his hair, and that's when the smell of chicken hits you. You hadn't eaten in so long, the mere aroma had you salivating. "I brought you food."

You think for a moment. To eat or not to eat?

...

"Shove it," your pettiness comes through.

"No thanks. It's your choice on what to do with it."

And with that, he places the plate of food and water on your dresser, and he leaves the room.

You turn and peak out of your cocoon for a moment, eying the expensive palace food you've grown accustomed to eating.

"Fuck him," you breathe. "I'd rather starve."

...

The next day, at around the same time, which you know from how long the sun's been out, Taehyung comes around with food again.

When he notices yesterday's laying untouched on the table, he frowns. "Sooyun? Are you awake?"

Over the last course of 24 hours, you decided that you were too mature to get into arguments and insults with Taehyung, so now he only got the silence treatment. Unfortunately, your nose begins to tickle, and you're unable to hold in a sneeze at that moment. "Ah-choo!"

Taehyung finds himself smiling. She can't see me anyway, He thinks. "Why didn't you eat yesterday?"

Because I hate you.

"Fine, here's fresh food if you have an appetite," he drops off the new plate and water, and locks you back up.

If I have an appetite? Bitch.

You were starving.

...

Another day passed, and Taehyung was becoming concerned. Not only had you not eaten a single bite, but your water was clearly not drunk either. If you weren't taking water from the sink in the bathroom, you might start having withdrawal symptoms soon.

So after peaking his head into your room and seeing you in the exact same position as the last two days, he calls Namjoon. "Can you try to get her to eat today? I have to train right now, and she won't take anything from me."

Namjoon nods curtly. "Yes, Your Highness."

Of course, Namjoon noticed the full plates of food leaving your room every day, and he was concerned too. Gently knocking on your door and twisting the knob, he makes his way in.