Without Care

"What the fuck do you think you're doing to her?" Taehyung growls while still holding Lua's arm back. The girl stammers, and her eyes gloss over. But he doesn't take it, leaning forward and sneering threateningly. "Answer me."

With Taehyung's sudden presence, you're also close to tears, and you close your eyes shut as you wish everything would just end.

You turn around to hide your quivering lips and tear stricken cheeks. "I-Iㅡ" Lua hesitates, not knowing how much Taehyung saw and whether she should lie or not. "She hit me first," she croaks.

His already dark eyes set to stone as he pierces daggers into her soul, aggressively letting go of her arm. "Liar!" he fumes with heavy breathing. "You'd tell such a despicable white lie to your future king? Disgusting."

He finally notices your curled figure sniffling on the bed, and his eyes soften at the sight.

Lua stands back several feet, shaking and crying, while Taehyung comes up to you and gently wraps his arms around your small torso. You freeze.

He knew that you weren't crying because of a measly slap, rather from the emotional pain of seeing him put his lips on Lua's. But he doesn't say anything for a solid minute, basking in the pleasant silence and the soft breaths escaping your lips.

You sit with weak limbs and a heavy heart, hating the comfort you receive from Taehyung; the man who hurts you the most but also gives you so much solace, who heals the very wounds that he created.

He finally backs away slightly, loosening his grip on you but still not turning to the shivering girl by the doorway. "Get out," he says harshly.

The girl nods quickly and bows before dashing out of the room. What if he eliminated her because of this?

As you hear the door click behind you and Taehyung's steady heartbeat against your back is no longer there, you let out a shaky breath.

What am I supposed to say? You think.

But Taehyung spares you from the pain of making first move, and he sits on the edge of the bed while clearing his throat. You sink down slightly with him. "How are you?" he asks.

For some reason, these three simple words have you trembling with anger and crying with misery. "Liar," you choke.

Taehyung closes his eyes and runs a hand through his hair, not knowing how to fix this relationship and make you want him again. "I suppose I should come clean about that."

"No need," you say hoarsely through sniffs. "I saw what I saw. I know it was a lie."

His eyes roam your room when he notices the torn piece of paper laying by the leg of your bed, with his handwriting on it, and his chest suddenly aches. "It wasn't a lie, Sooyun. You really were," he breathes while gazing at your small figure turned away from him, "my first kiss."

Your breathing comes out shaky. Why did you want to believe him? Why did you want to accept every word that came out of his mouth and forgive him for hurting you over and over again?

"Sooyun... Her lips weren't as sweet as yours. I felt nothing from her touch, yet—with you, even holding your hand makes my heart race." He looks down into his lap. "Why?"

You stay silent.

You don't understand anything he says; what point he's trying to make, but one thing was obvious. Hearing your name with no honorific made you feel special.

Were you lying about the names too? You think, unwilling to say it aloud in fear that your voice will crack, and he'll openly see you in your weakest form.

"I'll be honest, Sooyun," his voice is louder and darker than before, "I broke my loyalty because it scared me to realize how much control you have over me and my feelings. I wanted to loosen the grip you have on my heart, but I failed. I tried with Lua multiple times, and not once have I received nearly as much satisfaction as I feel with you. And it makes me angry." He pauses and clenches his jaw. "So angry, that I'll never be able to enjoy another woman because I've been spoiled by your touch.

"In a way," he continues, and this time, his voice is closer to your ear. "I hate you."

Your heart skips a beat, and your tears seize.

"But I've never wanted a woman more than I've wanted you. Not just your body..." he confesses with a soft smile. "You. All of you."

Your heart beats at a worrisome rate when he leans to rest his chin on your shoulder. "Your Highness," you breathe uneasily into the blanket, which muffles your occasional whimpers and throaty sounds.

"Taehyung," he gives you the permission you've been lusting after for several weeks. "I just shared with you everything I've bottled up and pondered upon in the recent months; you can call me Taehyung."

And your damned stomach erupts with butterflies, cheeks begging to curve into a smile and express themselves in their joy. "Taehyung," you say softly, earning a fond look from his shining eyes, "I want to leave the Harvest."

His breath hitches in his throat, and he chokes, "What?"

After he shamelessly confessed his feelings for you!?

"I want to quit," you repeat clearly. "Tomorrow."

He backs away with parted lips and a scowl. "Why would you want to quit? What have I done to deserve your unrelenting stubbornness and hatred for me?" His voice wants to come out hushed and sad, but he forces himself to sound angry; to make you fear him and his power.

You finally turn to face him, revealing your puffy, red face and making his eyes sting with guilt. "How could you ask me what you've done when I've been sitting in my own grief and crying while you go and have sex with another woman!?"

"Shut the fuck up," he orders, breathing through gritted teeth. "I may have harbored a liking for you, but you seem to have forgotten your place as a peasant. To me, you're everything.

To everyone and everything else, you're nothing."

To be Continued...

(A/N I know I say this a lot, but I don't know if I really love what I did here or really hate it yeet please vote 😼)