A Fleeting Feeling?

"How about Yoora?"

"Yoora?"

He gulps, suddenly avoiding eye contact. "I haven't seen her in several weeks. She's always with my parents." He picks at his finger with an alarmed look, trying hard to even out his features.

You twist your lips and blurt out, "You like her, don't you?"

He snorts, and you smile to see him so comfortable with you. "She's mostly here because of my parents," he admits with a soft smile. "I think I just...feel less and less for her by the day."

You raise your brow, tapping your fingers against your leg.

"There's nothing wrong with her; she'd be a great queen. Just..." he trails off. "not for me."

You grin, almost ashamed of how ecstatic you are to hear of his lost feelings for Yoora.

Two down...

...

"It's you two!" you chime while sitting on a chair by the front gate. "I haven't seen either of you since you locked me in here a few days ago."

You swing your legs up and down like a child, looking at the two guards with an innocent look. Namjoon chuckles. "I'm sure you're glad that we did that now."

"Yeah," Jimin chirps. "We've seen Prince Taehyung in your room more than he's been in his own these past few days."

You choke on air, putting a hand up to your chest exaggeratedly. "H-How would you even know that?" you ask while crossing your arms.

"Our job is to protect the royal family; of course we'd always know of their whereabouts," Namjoon answers truthfully.

"Pff. Whatever," you dismiss. "So how are you guys?" You hop up from your seat and walk in between the two. "How's...guarding?"

"Knights," Jimin corrects. "We're knights."

"Same thing, different name." You smile mischievously while picking at the stone underneath you with your foot.

Namjoon scoffs. "Guards are dedicated to property; a house, furniture, business," he says with his head up high and shoulders back. "We're knights. We protect the royal family and the ladies."

"Mm," you hum. "I never askㅡwoah," you scream when your foot gets trapped under a stone and trips you. Behind you, Jimin grabs onto your arm before you can slam your face on the hard ground, but your right knee still scrapes against the stone. "Ow," you cry with tears forming in the corner of your eyes.

"Careful," Jimin breathes before smoothing out your upturned dress-skirt. He helps you up with his hand around your waist, and you look down to hide the shame of your dress lifting up. "Are you okay?"

You nod, a tear running down your cheek as you look at the bloody gash across your knee and leg.

Namjoon lets his lips curve into a smile for a second, before it quickly drops and he turns back to the front. "I'll stay here, Jimin. You can help her."

Jimin nods once and looks at you with sparkling eyes. "Don't be so sensitive, Lady Sooyun, it's hardly a wound. Save those tears for something more worthy."

Your lips pout, and you follow him back into the palace. "There's so much blood," you whisper as you lift your dress to allow space between the wounded skin and the expensive fabric.

He chuckles. "It'll be alright. We'll see if there are any nurses in the hospital ward."

"There are hospitals in the palace?" you ask with a sniffle, wondering which area of the palace could house one.