Partly Yours

The next day, Taehyung came in at noon time, a new plate of food in hand and a weak smile on his face. You were both worn out, and you, especially, wanted out of this confined space as fast as possible.

"Sooyun," he greets upon seeing your eyes opened and face uncovered for the first time in nearly a week.

You inhale deeply. "Taehyung."

His eyes widen slightly. Although your voice is rough, it's so familiar and sweet to his ears. He smiles.

"Taehyung..." you repeat. "I'm sorry."

Your eyes, which stare at your own fingers, now meet his gaze. He's astonished, to say the least. "Why?"

You let out a deep sigh. "Look, I can't say that I regret what I did for Nayun, and... I haven't forgotten everything you said to me when you were angry, but I know that I've been acting immature. And I'm sorry for ignoring you and everything that you have to deal with.

"Truce?" you say softly.

You outstretch your arm, but instead of taking your hand, he pulls you in by the waist and hugs you. You wrap around him and inhale as a purely content aura exudes from you. "Truce."

You pull back to look at his face, sharp features up close for the first time in days. You smile.

"I'm sorry too, Sooyun." His confession from last night flashes in your mind. "For everything."

He gives you a peck and takes your hand in his.

"Let's get out of here already."

...

Your first stop after attaining freedom is Jungkook, who you learned has been in the hospital since you have been locked up in the tower.

Following the path Jimin once showed you, you make your way into the hospital ward and ask a nurse for the boy.

She ushers you to the very back of the room, curtsying and leaving the whole ward to the two of you.

Your eyes land on Jungkook, gaze already locked on you, skin pale, and what seems like a thousand needles and cords stuck in him. You frown.

"Sooyun," he says with as much enthusiasm as he's allowed.

"Jungkook, you don't look too good." Your brows crease at the space in between them, and you take a step closer. "Did they get the bullet out?"

You notice the layers of cloth wrapped fully around his chest, leaving his stomach and arms bare to the cold. "Yeah, it wasn't that big of a deal."

"But it was right by your heart, Jungkook. That's a big deal."

"Mm," he groans as he reaches out for you hand. You let him take it in his. "I'd do it again for you."

Your brows make their way up to your hairline. "What?"

"You heard me."

"Jungkook, that's not funny." Your voice raises an octave. "You're the reason my sister almost got murdered and is now sitting in a cold cell with a baby inside of her!"

His eyes close partially, and a pang of guilt hits you as you realize that you're yelling at the man who saved your life. "She's alive, isn't she?"

"Yeah, but—"

"Then what's the matter?"

You scoff. How am I not supposed to yell at him?

"I have nothing against your sister, Sooyun, but I just want to make sure you know that I took that bullet for you, not for her."