Trickling Down

The man walks up to the covered girl and swiftly pulls off her mask.

"Nayun," you breathe, feeling bile rise up in your throat and suffocating your lungs.

"This womanif she can be called a woman, has earned public death sentence by illegal relationship while still participating in the First Prince's Harvest. Earlier today, it was filed in a report with video proof of her speaking with Prince Jungkook, discussing the matter of her apparent pregnancy with his child. For bringing shame to Prince Taehyung's affection and mocking his Harvest, she has been brought today in front of you all to warn you of your actions.

"The national punishment for their crimes is swift execution after public defiling. Prince Jungkook has been excused from his sentence as his princely duties come first; but he is still seated here to witness the consequences of his actions. And from the graciousness of His Majesty's heart, the woman's young body will be covered properly before a single headshot is delivered to her."

From the graciousness of His Majesty's heart?! What the hell were they planning to do with her!?

"Han Nayun, your parents are sitting in this audience right now, do you have anything to say to them before your deserved execution?"

You cover your mouth with both hands.

This can't be real.

This can't be real.

The man backs away once she doesn't give an answer, stepping to the side of the stage where a firearm is set up and positioned for her head.

"Taehyung!" you cry to the man beside you as he calmly watches the show. "What are you doing!? Make him stop!"

Your body is twisted harshly to your left, and the man notices. "Ladies, please settle down. You'll have to see far worse if you are crowned Queen."

You look to your left to see a row of ladies, faces drenched with tears and hands across their eyes.

"Taehyung!"

You move to stand up, but he quickly grabs your arms and pulls you back. "Don't move, just close your fucking eyes."

Your jaw drops with disbelief.

You're expected to close your eyes while your little sister gets murdered in front of you?

Over my dead body.

You struggle against his restraint while keeping a close watch on the man with the gun. "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you," you mumble out profanities.

This shitty modern technology; at least I'll have a minute to do something, anything to stop them.

The pale girl in the center of all eyes shivers, a cold breeze shaking her lightly. Her hair flies in one direction as leaves come and hit her grimacing face.

To your right, Taehyung's struggling hands catch the attention of the Queen, who narrows her eyes disapprovingly. Once he notices, Taehyung lets you go and settles back into his seat, not without glaring at you coldly and warning you against moving again.