Fickle Matters

"What do you say?"

Jungkook smiles softly and rests both of his hands on the wall behind you, supporting himself up and against your face. Your brows knit together, and he rubs his nose against yours.

"Your Hㅡ"

"Don't call me that," he growls against your lips, finally taking the opportunity and kissing the corner of your mouth. "Call me Jungkook. My name is Jungkook."

You gasp as he suddenly takes your lips in his and kisses you feverishly. His one hand caresses your face while the other slides down to the small of your back.

Before he can continue, you pull back. "Jungkook, stop!"

"Why?" he asks with his eyes only half open. "Why does he get to do whatever he wants to you while I can't?"

His voice is choked, and you frown. "Jungkook, please," you take advantage of his request of using first names. "I know you're just joking, but this is serious! If the door were the open right now, I'd be dead."

So he narrows his eyes, reaches his hand over and locks the door with a simple twist, turning back to you with suspecting eyes.

"T-That doesn't make a difference," you say softly while putting up a hand as defense.

He brings his face to yours again, dangerously close to your lips, and whispers, "Why don't you leave the Harvest, Sooyun?"

Leave the Harvest and enter mine that's to come soon, He thinks.

Your eyes soften at this, heart beating quicker and a shameful smile formed on your face.

You completely miss Jungkook's point, and you confess a secret, a secret that was definitely not meant for this man. "I think I might be falling for him," you say under your breath.

This makes Jungkook's heart stop in his chest, and his breath is caught in his throat, making his voice deeper and raspier than usual. "Taehyung hyung?"

You blush at his name and twist a ring on your finger. "I think so," you say with a shy smile.

"You're in love with Hyung?" He grimaces as he steps back. "I thought you didn't like him?"

How did he know that? You think.

But you answer anyway. "Yes, that's true. I don't even know how it happened, but my heart starts beating so fast whenever he looks at me, and," you cover your burning cheeks with your fingers, "he never tried to force himself on me."

You weren't so sure yourself why that day had such a big impact on your view of both Taehyung and Jungkook, but you were still extremely grateful that he listened to your pleads and stopped.

Sure, it was expected and the right thing to do, but Taehyung wasn't good at differentiating between right and wrong in that sense.

"You're in love with him because he didn't rape you?" he says bluntly.

Your eyes widen. "N-No. I never said that I'm in love with him, either. I'm just...thinking."

When you look up into his eyes again, they've seemingly lost their little sparkle, and his tongue is pressed to his cheek. "Yoora's going to win," he says in an attempt to lead you out the Harvest. "My parents like her."

You gulp, eyes suddenly saddening. From your reaction, Jungkook can now tell that you're serious about Taehyung, and you truly had feelings for him. "That's okay..."

You quickly shake your head, trying to undo the gloomy atmosphere surrounding you. "Don't worry about that, Jungkook. We'll just see what happens when it happens," you chirp, and Jungkook melts a little when you say his name.

He forces a smile. "You're very determined."

"If it's destiny, then it'll happen. If it isn't, it won't." You shrug. "Speaking of, I think I should go home and pack up for my moving."

He laughs along with you, hiding his torn heart with a fake smile and sweet words. "I'll see you then, Sooyun."

...

When you step into your house, the scent of fresh food invades your senses, and you breathe it in deeply. Delighted to have a good meal, you walk into the dining room to see your family and a face that you'd missed.

"Hoseok!" you exclaim happily while running into his outstretched arms. "I missed you!"

He hugs you back and kisses your hair. "I missed you too," he says with a laugh.

"How could you leave your little sister alone like this!? While I'm going off to fancy a Prince everyday!?" You cross your arms and pout.

"I'm sorry!" He chuckles and pulls you to the chairs. "You know I can't reject an offer for traveling to a foreign country, Sooyun. It's important to me."

"More important than me!?" you snap, giving an exaggerated glare.

He looks down and taps his fingers against the table, a habit he always had. "I heard you don't need me to get to the Prince." He wiggles his brows, and you roll your eyes. "I can't believe my stupid little sister who can't even hold a fork properly is about to become Queen."

"I'm not about to become Queen, Hoseok!" you whine, falling into your chair with a thud. "I'm just moving for a while."

"For a while?" he asks with a brow raised. "Nuh uh. If you made me come all the way back to Seoul to have a last dinner with you, then you better win that damn thing." He snaps his fingers around playfully.

You laugh and slap his arm.

Your parents step in with the food and proud looks on their faces, and Nayun comes in with a look of disgust, as usual. "Sooyun, you're here!" your mother beams while plating your food first.

"Have you packed yet?"

"Is the food cooked well?"

"How do you feel about leaving your family like this?"

"How soon do you have to be there?"

Questions come at you at a tiring rate, and by the end of the night, you're exhausted.

But for the last call, you get to ask the question that's been bugging you all day. "Will you miss me?"

Your mother looks up and smiles. "Of course not!" she says, and you feel a pain in your chest. "This is an amazing opportunity; I wouldn't want to hold you back because we might miss you."

"This is your time to shine, Yunnie. Don't worry about what we think," your brother says with a wink.

But that wasn't the response you were hoping for, and it leaves you contemplating for the rest of the night.

How could they be so at ease leaving their daughter in a new home, all alone? And with a Prince who's openly rumored to be a womanizer?

To be Continued...

(A/N Vote and comment ❤️)