•seven•

Present

Present

A loud knock sounds from the door.

"Yeah?" you sniff and wipe away the tears from your cheeks. Goosebumps form onto your arms as you shiver inside the cold room, your skimpy outfit barely giving you the warmth or comfort you needed.

"Are you having trouble with your outfit, Y/N?" your stylist, Brenda, asks from outside.

"No" you croak and push yourself up from the floor.

You clear your throat and repeat yourself "No, I'm fine. I'll be out in a bit!"

Wobbling in your heels you make your way to the mirror.

"Oh god." you stare at your reflection in disgust. You had completely messed up your makeup. You grab multiple wet wipes and attempt to remove the black tear stains from your face.

A dress hangs on the back of the door, no more skin covering than the clothes you're currently wearing. Taking the dress of the hook you undress yourself and put it on with difficulty. You take a final look in the mirror.

Staring at your face you feel like you're looking at a complete stranger. You frown at your reflection, confused by who were looking at. You didn't even know yourself anymore. Where was the happy girl you used to be? Where was all the goofiness hiding? All the smiles, all the laughter?

They all seemed to be lost in the memories you made with Jungkook.

You blew out a breath and break the daunting stare from the mirror. "Time to fake another smile." you tell yourself.

.

Past

"You should be thankful you didn't break her leg, Jimin." Jungkook spits at his older friend, his features growing more and more furious. Jimin scoffs, shaking his head as he keeps his eyes focused on the car window, refusing to accept the sharp daggers Jungkook was sending him.

"Jungkook, please." you place a hand on his tensed shoulder and he looks at you "it's fine."

He studies your pleading expression and then looks away, not saying anything. The car falls silent. Nothing but the small sounds of Yoongi tapping away at his phone was audible.

After the concert ended Jungkook had insisted multiple times that you would ride back with him. The staff seemed to already be mad about how he was almost late to the performance.

But he didn't care, he made sure you were absolutely fine and even offered to miss his performance to stay with but you made sure he went. You felt like your job was now on the line after all the fuss you had created today. And you could only imagine what the consequences would be for you if Jungkook had really stayed.

He sat next to you in the back of the car keeping a hand on your knee for comfort, his large hands cupping it.

Jimin was up front staring out the window. He had tried multiple times to apologize but Jungkook kept pushing him away from you.