•thirty one•

Weeks

Weeks.

It's been weeks since Jungkook left.

Weeks since you saw him.

Weeks since you gave him your last kiss.

And yet those weeks feel like years. The days drag on into an never ending abyss of yearning. Every day was a normal day except you couldn't except that anything about it was normal. You didn't want your days to be like this.

Where you would wake up everyday, fake smiles, fake happiness and then go home to absolutely nothing. Continuous thoughts of all the ways you could've told him that you still love him have been playing in your mind over and over.

But then you remind yourself of the consequences. Even if you still love him and he still loves you, there's no way you could make it work.

It just wasn't meant to be.

And that takes you back to your past again. Everything would be so different if you had just stayed. Heck, you probably would've been married by now.

An official Jeon Y/N. Or Mrs. Jeon. Jeon Jungkook's wife. Jeon Jungkook's partner. Jeon Jungkook's-

"Uh, Y/N?"

"Hm?"

You silently shift your head to your manager with an oblivious look. The rest of the people sitting along the table continue to stare at you. Their soulless yet frustrated eyes boring into the back of your head. The atmosphere is still, the only audible noise is your stiff gulp.

"Y/N, are you happy to be on Jimmy Fallon next week or not?"

Bob's voice snaps your attention. "Did you say Jimin?"

A laugh sounds from the other end of the table, a few staff snicker at your dumb question.

Bob's forehead creases as his eyebrows furrow a questioning look. "Jimin? What? No, I said Jimmy. Jimmy Fallon."

"Oh, Jimmy!" you laugh sheepishly and glance at the rest of the staff rolling their eyes at you. "Yeah, yeah. Of course. That's fine."

Your manager nods, still unsure you knew what he was asking. He flicks through a couple pieces of paper and scratches his chin. "Alright, well that's all for now. Next meeting is in two days. We need to discuss Y/N's next single soon."

Everyone lets out a tired sigh and hurriedly lift themselves from their uncomfortable chairs. The glass windowed room erupts in conversation as they escape one by one. You dejectedly lift yourself out of your chair and follow the people outside. Insulting lines grab your attention here and there.

"That was such a long meeting for nothing."

"Tell me about it, can't believe we had to just sit there and listen while she daydreamed about her long lost Korean babies."