•thirty•

*1OK READS!! WHHHAAATTT?? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!! ok now onto the story sorry lol*

"You what?!"

Vanessa's voice projects loudly through your kitchen, louder than you expect. You cringe into your bowl of cereal and continue to chomp on the cornflakes as if you didn't say anything.

"Y/N! Why would you do that?!" she exclaims again, her face stricken.

"I...don't know. It just happened..." you mumble before taking another spoonful of your breakfast.

She shakes her head and slaps her forehead "Why the hell.....?"

Maybe telling your friend that you had sex with your ex fiance on a balcony outside at a party wasn't the best idea.

But you just didn't know what else to do. That night had been swimming around in your thoughts ever since you woke up and it was the first thing to slip out of your mouth.

You finally lift your head to see her letting out her frustration. Her frown creases the top of her head as she groans.

"You were doing so well. You had finally stopped drinking. You had started actually talking to people again." she lists "I mean, I think you were finally going to get over him."

You bite your lip and give her a distraught look.

She sighs and stares straight back while resting a hand on the table to lean against it. "What are you even going to do now?" she questions "Are you guys...gonna become friends or....?"

"I don't know." you bluntly reply. It was the only answer you had to any of those exasperating questions. Your eyes drop to the counter, thinking of an actual solution but failing to come up with one.

"I don't know." you repeat, this time coming out as desperate cry.

You chuck your spoon back into the bowl and throw your head in your hands, mewling like an irritated cat.

Vanessa simply keeps her stare upon you, unable to come up with a solution as well. A sense of sympathy fills up her chest as she watches you let out strangled groans of frustration into your palms.

Leaning off the table, your friend moves around the corner and places an arm around you, rubbing gently on your shoulder. She stays silent, not knowing what words to place before you.

"Do you think...you guys are going to get back together?" she finally says.

You look up at her with a strained expression "Back together?" you squeak.

She nods, confirming her words as if you hadn't been thinking about the possibility all night.

"I want to but....b-but I don't think he'd want to."

Vanessa raises her eyebrows and smiles knowingly "You sure? Because from the way he was looking at you last night and the way you said he fucked you-"