•twenty three•

"Jungkook, where are you taking me?"

You look at your boyfriend with a quirked eyebrow, questioning his actions. Seated beside you with one hand on the steering wheel and the other laced with yours, he drives further into the night.

"You'll see..." he says, a small grin creeping onto his face as he keeps his eyes on the road. The sleeves of his black formal shirt were rolled up and you could see his veins clearly popping out. The sight makes you feel a mix of feelings but you decide to push them away and focus on the conversation.

"That's what you said fifteen minutes ago!" You exasperate and face forward to watch the road.

You didn't understand any of his actions. After you finished your meal with Jungkook you thought he was going to take you straight home. But he immediately took a wrong turn while driving and you threw questions at him time and time again. You thought he would grow annoyed by how much complaining you were doing and end up telling you. But he kept replying with the same phrase and kept the small smile on his, causing you to grow frustrated.

The night was slowly approaching and the light of the day was soon to disappear. Jungkook breaks the silence.

"So what did Hyung-woo call you for?"

Your mind strikes surprised as his sudden question is announced. Jungkook was only asking to distract you from his surprise, completely oblivious to the fact that you thought he was suspicious you were hiding something.

"Uh-uhm...it was...a practice to check on my dance moves."

"Yeah? You did come back rather quickly though, was it a short practice?"

"Y-yup." you force your gaze outside the window, stuttering.

Jungkook takes his off the road to quickly glance at you, noticing your nervous tone. "You okay, babe? Cold?" He rubs his thumb over your hand.

You sigh and look down. There was no point in keeping something like this from him. He had every right to know and you didn't want to be the girlfriend who kept things from him.

"It was nothing. He just told me about a lot of offers to work with companies in America."

Jungkook's eyes widen and he looks at you with a surprisingly proud face. "Really? Noona, that's great!"

You blink multiple times at his reaction. "B-but, Jungkook I turned them down."

His expression changes at your reply "Why?"

"Because it means I'd be so far away from you, honey. I don't want that."

He nods silently, thinking about how much you must really love him to give that up.

When he doesn't say anything you squeeze his hand "I love you, Jungkook."

He looks at you "I love you too"