Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning and got ready in my room. The secluded procedure was obviously necessary because of a certain someone who was currently camped out in the living room. I opened the door and descended into the hallway. 

I was craving a yogurt.

My bare feet slapped against the tile floor as I made my way into the kitchen. Standing there, still shirtless if I might add, was Nathaniel. I chose to ignore him and edged past him to the fridge. Searching with my eyes for a yogurt, I heard him clear his throat.

I rolled my eyes.

"Good morning."

I found a strawberry one and whipped around. "Good morning."

He nodded in return. 

It was silent for the first three minutes, until it had obviously been too much for him. "What's wrong with your face?"

I scowled and looked him in the eye. "Subtle."

"No seriously." He defended himself, glimpsing to my bruise.

I put down my spoon. "Are you referring to my overwhelming beauty, or my lovely complexion?" I put a mocking hand to my face.

He rolled his eyes. "Nevermind." After he had left the room, I jumped out of my chair and opened the freezer. Finding an ice cold ice-pack, I quickly placed it to my face.

I sighed in contempt. My face was aching all night, but I didn't want to leave the room in risk of encountering 'the beast outside.'

"Mornin!" Lavenders' chirpy voice came around the corner.

"Finally!" I didn't remove the ice pack but jumped up and looked her square in the eye. "Who is that?"

She cocked her head. "Haven't we been over this?"

"Briefly. But I want more information."

She sighed. "Of course you do."

I didn't say anything, only waited.

"He's kinda a friend of a friend. He needs a place to stay for awhile. It's fine."

"So you two.. aren't.. involved?"

 "No. He's not my type anyway."

I nodded, dropping my voice to a rushed whisper, "Even though I have a strong dislike for him, he is exceptional gorgeous-"

"I know." The devil himself stood there, smirking. "I am exceptionally gorgeous."

My cheeks burned in embarrassment. He placed a hand to his jaw bone. "Is it my overwhelming beauty, or my lovely completion?"

He laughed while I stormed out of the room.

~~~~~~~~

I hadn't heard anything from Hellen. I had to say, I was mutually hurt. But I pushed it away, there was no time to be hurt. School was today, so I went. I didn't want to be stuck with you-know-who. It was, once again, the boring classes I was familiar with. Math, science, Language Arts, lunch, AP French, gym, home. Same schedule. When I got home that day without Lavender,( she was staying after school to take a test she had missed) , it was quiet. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw my bag being thrown from the guest bedroom.

 I gasped.

"Hey!"

I ran forward and stopped in the doorway. Nathaniel was lounged on my bed with his own bags sprawled throughout the room. He saw me and got up.

"Nice huh?"