Chapter 36

A/N: Up there is a picture of Red and Black Jack:)

I laughed hard, rubbing my fingers over my infinity necklace Nathaniel had given me on our first date in Central Park. Alex continued his story, laughing here in there.

He was honestly the funniest person I knew.

"You should come to my house sometime." I said, sitting back on to the tree.

"Sure. I'll just tell my dad I'm going to practice." Alex smiled, biting his apple.

I cocked my head. "Why can't you tell him where you're really going?"

He looked up from his apple, parted his lips, than a blank expression swept over his handsome face. "That's another story for another time."

~~~~~~~~

"Wow. This is your house?" Alex asked, his eyebrows raised so high that they aligned his blonde hairline.

"Yep." I squinted, a sarcastic smirk playing, and pointed to his mouth. "You've got a little drool.."

Alex wiped his mouth, than found my expression. "Ha. Ha."

I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Come on inside."

He followed me through the back gate, and up the patio.

"Are those horses?" He asked, pointing to Red grazing in the distance.

I gasped. "I thought those were just big dogs!"

Alex shoved me from behind. "I've known you for almost a month, and I swear you get more sarcastic by the day."

I smiled. "Do you want to go ride them?"

"Um, yeah." He said, his tone in an, 'um duh,' way. "Horses are the bomb-dot-com."

I shook my head, and started up to the paddock.

~~~~~~~~

I repositioned my fingers on the reins, and dismounted. I watched Alex dismount as well, with ease. The creek nearby trickled water noisily, and the horses ear's perked towards the sound of it.

I led Red to it, and watch him stretch his neck to lick the surface. Alex's horse, Black Jack, mirrored Red.

I tied his reins to a branch, and sat on a rock nearby. Alex did the same.

We sat in comfortable silence, until I cocked my head and asked, "Does your dad know you're here?"

He was quiet. "No. He thinks I'm at practice."

"Why can't you just tell him?"

"Because he wants me to play football, and I hate it." He said, shaking his head.

I watched Black Jack nuzzle Red's neck. "Maybe you'll learn to like it."

"Maybe."

"So tell me about your old school." Alex suddenly asked, his head swiveling slightly in my direction.

I froze, and chaffed my hands over my thighs. "What do you want to know about it?"

"I'm curious."

I parted my lips, not wanting to tell him yet. "Well-"

"I know."

I looked at him, confused, as I overlooked his small smile turning the corners of his lips. "Huh?"

Alex returned his gaze to the horses. "I know about your adoption. I know you were in the Foster program, and I know you came from New York."

My mouth dropped, and he laughed as he saw my perplexed expression. "I heard Mr. and Mrs. Platt adopted a seventeen year old girl from New York, and when I heard who your parents were-" he shook his head. "I knew the first day I met you."