Chapter 19

"Nathaniel." I said, my voice low but full of relief.

He didn't look my way, only stared straight ahead at Walter and Paul. "Untie the ropes, now." I've never seen, or heard him so angry. "Or I'll call the police."

Walter stared at Nathaniel, and slowly moved to the side; closer to me. I noticeably tensed.

"Look, kid. You don't know what your getting into."

He laughed, but there was no humor in his voice. "Oh, please. I think I'm smart enough to realize that this," he paused, and motioned to my trap,"is a failed kidnapping."

I noticed his phone's clutched tightly in his hand, but he still stared straight ahead at Walter. "I'm not gonna tell you one more time. Untie her, now."

Walter swallowed, and silently crept to my chair. He stopped. "And what if I don't?"

"Than your face will become even uglier than it is now." He said as he clenched his fist, his knuckles a sheering white.

Walter smirked, arrogance dripping from a chuckle. "What are you, seventeen, eighteen? Don't waste your time with this one," and he motioned to me. I looked down, hoping Nathaniel would just walk away from the situation.

Nathaniel shrugged. "I think I'll take my chances."

Walters face dropped, not expecting his heroic answer.

Nathaniel's eyes finally shifted to mine, and his brow furrowed, than hardened. "What's on your face, Lindsey?" He asked softly, as if he already knew the answer.

My breathing shook as I inhaled. "Bl-" suddenly, something hard slammed against the side of my cheek; throwing my head to the side. I started to sob.

The next moments were a blur. Nathaniel cursed loudly, as he jumped forward, and threw Walter against the wall. I felt dizzy, and had the overwhelming urge to fall into a deep sleep; and let the relaxing moment of darkness wash over me.

I was just about to happily give in, when Nathaniel's voice yelled, "Stay awake Lindsey!"

I pushed a strong urge of energy, which I didn't have, into my eyes; to force them to stay alert. But my head hurt, it hurt so much. Paul seemed afraid, and ran his cowardly legs out of the room. But Nathaniel didn't seem to notice, as he kicked Walter.

And than, it was quite. The only sounds, which filled the room, were Nathaniel's boisterous breathing.

I was exhausted. "Nathaniel. Is he-?"

"No. Just knocked out."

I nodded, than was silenced by Nathaniel's hands. He placed them both on my cheeks, and wiped away a fresh tear. "Lindsey, everything's okay now. I'm sorry I left you."

I shook my head, hard sobs passing through. "I-it-wasn't y-your f-fault."

He looked down. "Let's get you out of here." And he bent down, untying the knots in one swift motion. I stood up, and he held my hand strongly. I stopped, feeling another overwhelming sensation. He looked into my eyes aswell, quickly darted to my lips, than back to my eyes. I didn't need to say anything, before Nathaniel placed a hand on my jaw; swooping in and pressing his lips to mine. It was as if all the tension between us that had built up, was being executed in this moment. He continued to kiss me, as he gently pushed me back onto the wall. My hands roamed the back of his head, than I wrapped them around his neck. He pulled back, looked into my eyes, and grinned.

"You have no idea how long I was waiting to do that."

~~~~~~~~

When we got back to the hotel, Nathaniel had insisted on staying with me in my room until I fell asleep. He had gotten a wet cloth, and wiped the dried blood of my face. I took a shower, the heat and soap soaking away the remains of the day. After had handed me an ice-pack, and instructed me to hold it on my cheek.