Part 7

"Jimin," You asked the next morning while to two of you worked in the bakery. "Why did you rub your face all over me last night?"

He stopped what he was doing and blushed, not looking at you. "I was just scenting you, y/n. I know you don't know a lot about hybrids but um...we like to make sure that other hybrids can tell our owner already belongs to someone. You didn't smell enough like me after spending the time with that other cat so..."

"So you were...jealous?" You asked, interrupting him.

"Not jealous," he huffed, scowling over at you. "It just wasn't right, that's all." You chuckled, shaking your head and getting back to work. "Hey, y/n?" He asked after a moment. You hummed in response. "Tae Tae wears a collar with Hobi's name on it." It was a statement, not a question, so you waited for him to go on. "I, um...can I have one?"

You frowned over at him. "You want a collar with Hobi's name on it?"

"No, I - never mind," he huffed, going back to what he was doing.

After a minute you realized what he meant. "Oh! Kitten, do you mean you want a collar with my name on it?" He nodded, eyes wide with excitement. "Oh, well ok then we can get you one, sure! I never really thought about it."

"Well, don't you want people to know that I belong to you? Only hybrids without owners don't wear collars, and Tae Tae and Kookie were teasing me saying you must not be sure if you wanted to keep me or not since you didn't get me one." He pouted.

"Hm. I guess I didn't want you to feel like I was forcing it. I don't really like to consider this ownership anyway...I adopted you. We're family. But if it would make you happy we can go shopping again on Sunday." You smiled at him and he smiled back, his eyes squinting in joy.

The two of you were out front serving when a pretty girl came in and up to Jimin at the counter. He greeted her and asked what she would like. "Oooh, pretty kitty!" She cooed at him. He blushed and glanced at you, but she didn't notice. "How come a kitty as pretty as you doesn't have a collar? Does that mean you can come home with me?" She went on, leaning towards him over the counter.

You heard and felt an angry hand tightening in your chest when you noticed he was uncomfortable. "Jimin, can you run to the back and make sure those rolls are out of the oven?" You called over to him. He hurried away, blushing hard and grateful for the excuse to leave. "Sorry about that ma'am, what can I do for you?"

Once she had left you stuck your head through the door to the back to find him standing there clutching his tail in worry. "She's gone," you sighed, "and we are getting out of here early enough to get you a collar today," you said with a frown.

He chuckled, dropping his tail and raised an eyebrow at you as if to say, 'I told you so' but he didn't say anything.

You cleaned quickly and stopped by the hybrid supply store on the way home in your matching leather jackets. You held his hand tightly as he picked out a simple, thin banded black leather collar. You personalized the tag and he wore it out of the store, grinning. "I bet you would look pretty in a collar, y/n," he said as you walked home, reaching a finger out to brush your neck.

You shivered at his touch. "Chokers are in style right now...maybe I'll try one," you mumbled, a little flustered. He giggled, draping his arm around your waist and pulling you against him as you walked, leaning over to nuzzle your neck. You blushed as you made your way home together.

That night after you ate the two of you settled into the couch for some tv time like usual. He was purring hard as you stroked his ears and whipping his tail back and forth. You watched it twitching for a few moments and then reached out to touch it, wanting to feel the soft gray fur and the fuzzy white tip. As soon as your fingers wrapped around the sleek fur though, Jimin moaned loudly, arching his back and squeezing his eyes closed, his lips parted as a loud purr revved in his chest, reaching up to clutch your thigh with both his hands.