Part 46

The morning of your birthday came and you woke to Jimin softly running his fingers through your hair, his tail draped over your hips. When he saw your eyes flutter open he smiled at you, his eyes squinting into crescents.

"Good morning birthday girl," he said before leaning in and brushing his lips against yours softly. "Time for birthday kisses," he murmured and you smiled against his lips. He moved his lips against yours slowly, applying more pressure to deepen the kiss, and he pressed your back against the bed, rolling himself on top of you. He allowed his hips to rest against yours, bracing his hands on the bed to hover his torso over yours as he craned his neck down, still kissing you lovingly. You slid your hands up, tangling your fingers in his pink hair and tugging him toward you. And just as you parted your lips for him, a tiny moan trapped in your throat, he broke the kiss and pulled back with a smirk before leaning back in and coating every inch of your face with tiny kisses.

The kisses tickled and you squealed, turning your head and pushing at him but he just grabbed your wrists, pinning your arms to the bed as he continued to kiss the side of your face, your hairline, your ear and your jaw as you giggled and squirmed beneath him. You could feel his smile beneath the kisses and he finally pulled back, laughing and released you before crawling off the bed. You pouted and sat up as he laughed, tugging on his clothes for work.

"Sorry baby, I couldn't resist, your face is just so kissable." You pulled your hair into a messy ponytail and dressed yourself for work, yawning sleepily as the two of you headed out the door. He wrapped his arm around you and kissed the top of your head. "You tired baby?" He asked, his ears swiveling toward you in concern. You squeezed your eyes shut and nodded, pouting.

"Mm sleepy kitten," you whined, and he chuckled, stepping in front of you and squatting down a bit.

"Come on sleepy girl, climb up," he said, gesturing to his back. You grinned and wrapped your arms around his neck and jumped onto his back. He caught your thighs and headed off, carrying you.

"Are you getting tired kitten?" You asked after a bit, but he shook his head, flashing you a smile over his shoulder.

"I'm good baby. Let me take care of you," he said happily. You smiled and rested your chin on his shoulder. He set you down gently when you reached the bakery and hurried off to make coffee. You sleepily dug out an apron and tied it around your waist and he came back, pouting when he saw you finished. "I was gonna tie your apron for you," he whined, nuzzling his face into your hair. You giggled and stroked his ears apologetically.

"Sorry kitten but we have to get moving - we have to make cake for tonight on top of the normal stuff." He nodded, heading back to the front and returning with a coffee for you. You kissed his cheek briefly in thanks and the two of you got to work.

Jimin was ridiculously sweet to you all morning, opening the store on his own as you finished icing your cake for the party. It might seem odd to make your own birthday cake, but Hoseok was right when he said no one else would bake for you, all of them having tasted your pastries before. You finished up with the simple chocolate frosting on the chocolate cake, not bothering to add any decoration and wiped your hands before heading out to join Jimin in the front. You reached up to ruffle his ears as he was speaking with one of your regular customers and he grinned at you happily, his tail swishing behind him.

"Is the cake done?" He asked, glancing at you. You nodded in response and he squinted at you, darting into the back. He poked his head through, frowning at you. "It's chocolate?"

"Of course it's chocolate kitten, it's my birthday."

"But...it's just brown. And boring," he pouted. "I'm putting sprinkles on it," he said determinedly, ducking back into the kitchen. You rolled your eyes, but didn't bother to stop him. He came back out smiling after a few minutes and kissed your cheek happily. "You're gonna have a pretty cake and you're gonna like it missy, you hear me?" He teased, kissing your cheek again. You giggled and shooed him away.

He kept telling all your regular customers that it was your birthday so they would smile and wish you a happy day and you always blushed as you thanked them, not used to so much attention. Jimin just watched you happily, giving you small touches at every opportunity, his hand straying to rub your back or squeeze your shoulder supportively.

"Kitten! Stop telling everyone it's my birthday!" You scolded, turning on him as a customer walked out. He just shook his head, smiling happily.

"Sorry baby, I just can't get over how cute and flustered it makes you. And today's the only day I get to do it, so I'm not gonna stop," he teased, reaching out to poke your ribs and then darting out of your reach, laughing.

"Get back here you annoying kitty!" You said, lunging for him even as you broke into laughter as well, but he danced out of your reach and you shook your head after him.

-

You closed up a little early and headed home, both of you freshening up before heading over to Hoseok's for dinner. You came out of the bathroom after fixing your hair in the black dress you were wearing to the party to see Jimin buttoning up his white dress shirt. He had it tucked into fitted black slacks and he glanced up at you, his fading pink hair falling across his forehead as you stopped in the doorway to stare at him, your lips parting slightly. The pants hugged his thighs a little and the belt at his waist accentuated his perfect figure, the top two buttons of his shirt left open below his black leather collar, the charm with your name dangling attractively right in the hollow of his throat.

You still felt that sense of awe at his beauty so often you were sure it wasn't healthy, but you couldn't help it. "What?" He asked, his question making you blink and come back to yourself, shaking it off.

"You look nice kitten," you answered softly, heading over to dig out your heels and stepping into them. He smiled, watching you straighten your dress and put on some lipstick.

"Next to you babe?" He said with a chuckle, walking up behind you and sliding his hand up over your hip to rest on your waist, brushing your hair to the side and pressing a kiss to your shoulder. "You look amazing," he whispered in your ear. You only blushed in response and handed him the clasp of your necklace which he fixed for you, his fingertips tickling the back of your neck as he did so. When he had finished he ran his hands over your shoulders and down your arms, turning you around to face him. He looked at you for a moment, his deep gaze making your breath catch in your throat as he licked his lips before leaning in and kissing you sweetly, his full lips lingering on yours. You sighed into the kiss and pressed yourself closer to him, closing your eyes and running your hands up his arms to rest at his neck.

After a moment he pulled away and held you at arms length, frowning at how he was looking straight into your eyes. "What the hell...why are we the same height?" He asked, looking you up and down. You giggled, stepping back and kicking a leg up to show off your heels. He purred in approval despite himself as he looked you up and down, lunging forward and catching your waist to draw you back against him.

"You're lucky your legs look so good in those heels baby," he growled softly into your ear before nipping at it playfully. You giggled but pulled out of his embrace, heading for the door.

"Come on kitten, we're going to be late."

-

-

Thinking it might be getting close to time to wrap this story up? I don't know, I haven't finished anything before so I'm not sure. I'm also worried I might have more to say for these characters still. It's just getting so long.

I have a few more things to write about first though, so don't worry yet.