Part 49

Time passed quickly between your birthday and Jimin's gotcha day celebration, the couple of weeks seeming to fly by between your excitement and the new structure of the bakery keeping you busy. You had gotten him a few gifts - some things he needed, some things he wanted and a special gift you had ordered that you were nervous but excited about.

It finally came in the day before and you snuck the package to the bedroom, opening the box to make sure it was okay and wrapping the two small boxes carefully in pretty blue paper. You tied them together with ribbon and set the gift aside from the others. It was Saturday so you had baked some of Jimin's favorite vanilla cupcakes while you worked with Yoongi that afternoon, decorating them with colorful sprinkles before joining the dark cat in the front of the bakery. The place was full of owners and their hybrids of all ages and breeds and you smiled happily around the room as you wiped your hands.

"So is your girlfriend coming by again today?" You asked Yoongi with a smirk, expecting him to deny that she was his girlfriend, or snap at you at least. Instead he just glanced at you calmly.

"Nope," was all he said and you blinked at him in surprise.

"Nope? That's it? No, 'she's not my girlfriend' or 'shut up y/n'?"

"She is my girlfriend," he said, blushing slightly, "but do shut up." You shoved his shoulder at that, laughing.

"How anyone could put up with you I'll never know," you said, rolling your eyes.

"I can be very likable!" He protested in annoyance and you just reached out to ruffle his silky black ears.

"I'm just kidding Yoongi. I'm happy for you. I would say she seems nice, but I wouldn't actually know because I haven't met her."

"Some day. Maybe," he replied, squinting at you suspiciously.

At the end of the day the two of you cleaned up and got everything put together. Yoongi turned to you as you were leaving. "Do you and Chim want to grab dinner tonight or something?" He asked.

"Sorry kitty, can't tonight. Jimin and I have special plans," you said with a smile.

"Ew, okay, didn't need to hear about that," he said, grimacing.

"No! It's just that we're celebrating the anniversary of him coming to live with me! See I made cupcakes with sprinkles!" You said quickly, holding the box up. Yoongi just rolled his eyes and started toward your apartment.

"Whatever, you guys are still gross." You waved to him when you reached your building and hurried up the stairs. Jimin was sitting excitedly on the couch when you came in and he smiled at you, wiggling in his seat as you headed over to kiss the tip of his nose and scratch his ears.

"Hi kitten, did you have a fun day with Taehyung today?" You asked as he purred beneath your touch. He nodded at you, his eyes widening in excitement. "Okay, let me go change really quick and we'll go to dinner," you chuckled. You hurried to the bedroom and changed into a flowy powder blue dress that you knew he would like, pairing it with flats so he would still be taller than you. When you came back out he was staring at you, his cheeks puffed out slightly and his eyes wide and cute. You smiled and twirled for him as you walked toward him and he smiled back, watching you.

"Pretty," he said softly, touching the material of the skirt as you reached him. You giggled at his soft expression, wanting to pinch his cheeks. "Pretty," he said again, this one coming out in more of a purr as he slipped his hand past the material to trail his fingers over the back of your knee. He smirked when you shivered and backed away from him.

"Come on mister, lets go eat."

You took him to a fancy restaurant and he looked around in amazement, clinging tightly to your hand. "Y/n..." he said nervously as his eyes searched the room, "I think I might be the only hybrid here," he whispered and you chuckled.