Part 19

You came home earlier than usual after a slow shift with Yoongi and quietly entered the apartment. Jimin wasn't there to greet you like usual. But you could hear the shower running so you figured that must be what he was doing. You slid your feet out of your shoes and headed toward the bedroom to get changed. Just as you were passing the bathroom you heard something that made you freeze.

A soft, gentle voice was coming from the room. You stopped walking and stood outside the closed door, staring at it. You had never heard Jimin singing before. His voice was high and sweet, the tone pure and angelic. You stood mesmerized as his voice rose and fell along with the melody of a song you had never heard before. You stepped back and leaned against the wall across from the door, sliding down to the floor and closing your eyes. You pulled your knees up to your chest and leaned your head against the wall, letting his voice wash over you.

The water shut off but you didn't notice as the singing didn't stop. When Jimin suddenly opened the bathroom door and saw you sitting there he gasped in shock, cutting off his song and making your eyes snap open. You felt tears welling in your eyes and you looked up at him, struck by the beauty of the creature before you. Steam billowed behind him and he stood with a towel wrapped around his waist, looking down at you with his eyes wide in shock. His hair looked darker wet and was plastered to his forehead, his chest damp and his faced flushed from the heat of his shower.

His plump lips parted in surprise "y/n, you scared me you're home early...hey, baby what's the matter?" He asked as a couple tears trickled down your cheeks.

"Kitten," You breathed, still staring up at him in awe and ignoring his question. "Why haven't I ever heard you sing before?"

He blushed and looked down, embarrassed. "I-I don't like to sing around people...my voice isn't very good..."

"Isn't very good?" You said, standing slowly and stepping toward him. "That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard," you insisted.

"Y/n..." he whined, slipping past you to the bedroom to get dressed. You flopped onto your bed as he changed in the closet and when he came out you took your turn, changing into sweats before coming back out.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed rubbing his hair with the towel. You walked over and pried the towel from his hands, standing between his legs and taking his face in your hands.

"Kitten. I'm serious. You have a beautiful voice. Please don't hide it from me - sing whenever you feel like it whether I'm home or not. Promise?" You asked, staring into his eyes.

He blushed again, pulling your hands from his cheeks and holding them against his chest as he looked up at you shyly. "Okay baby, if you say so." You leaned down and planted a kiss on the tip of his nose and hugged him to you and he buried his face in your stomach.

-

That night Jimin was awoken by y/n whimpering in her sleep. She was having another bad dream. He blinked sleepily as she continued to whimper and moan, her breathing quickening and her face contorted in anguish.

He hated seeing her like this. She was his kind, carefree y/n, not this scared, helpless person she became in her sleep. He brushed her hair back from her neck and leaned down, gently licking her skin with his rough tongue in an attempt to drive away the bad dreams. It normally started to work immediately, but this time it didn't seem to have any effect as her heart beat and breathing sped up, the dream getting more intense. Jimin pulled back, frowning anxiously. He wanted to help his owner but he didn't want to have to wake her up, she never slept well when she woke up from a nightmare. 

He looked down at her pained expression for another minute before he sighed, steeling himself. He began to run his fingers through her hair softly and hum a gentle melody. Her whimpering stopped almost immediately when he began to hum. He raised his voice a little, letting the melody carry from humming into soft, breathy words as he sang to her.

The pained expression started to fall from her features as he continued to sing and touch her hair. Slowly, an expression of calm washed over her face and her breathing returned to normal. Jimin smiled down at her and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before cuddling back down into the pillows alongside of her.

 Jimin smiled down at her and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before cuddling back down into the pillows alongside of her

-

I wanted to put in another quick fluffy Jimin part since the next parts will be pretty heavy.

Thanks for reading!