Part 26

You and Jimin were cleaning up the kitchen the next day after work. Things were delicate between the two of you at the moment so you were a bit worried for what you were about to ask, but you knew it needed to happen.

"Kitten?" He turned toward your voice, his face open and waiting. "I - um," you sighed, not sure how to say this without him reacting badly.

"Go ahead, baby," he said quietly, stepping toward you. "What is it?"

"I need to talk to Yoongi." He tried to hide the hurt that flashed across his face but you saw it anyway, placing a hand on his arm. "I need to apologize to him," you insisted gently.

He nodded slowly. "Can I come?" He asked in a small voice. You hesitated, wanting to talk to Yoongi alone, but also not wanting to say no to Jimin. "I'll just walk with you there and wait outside," he said hopefully.

"Of course you can come, kitten," you replied, smiling at him.

The two of you headed out toward Yoongi's place. You knew his address although you had never been there and you were surprised to see that it was a pretty nice apartment building. Jimin said he would wait downstairs and you headed to the elevator and up to Yoongi's floor. You found his apartment number and knocked, anxiety building in your chest with every passing second. This was so stupid, you should have just called him, you didn't even know if he was home. Worry began to wash over you in waves. What if he yelled at you? What if he quit the bakery? What if he hates you now? You felt your heart rate speeding up and hoped he wouldn't answer the door after all. Suddenly it opened and there he stood, the dark kitty you had befriended months ago.

His hair was messy and his clothes were wrinkled, his face slightly puffy and his jaw bruised and lip split from Jimin hitting him yesterday. Your heart ached to see him hurt. His heavy looking eyelids had flown open wide when he saw you standing in front of the door. "Y/n?" He asked in bewilderment.

"Oh! Y-Yoongi! I, uh, did I wake you up?" He nodded, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'll just go -" you said, turning quickly to leave.

He reached out and grabbed your wrist, stopping you from walking away. "Wait! It's okay. Did you want to come in?" You swallowed and nodded slightly, following him as he ushered you into the kitchen just inside to his apartment. "So...I'm assuming you came all the way here for a reason?" He asked, busying himself by measuring out grounds for a pot of coffee.

"Yes, Yoongi I, I owe you an apology," you said softly, hanging your head and leaning back against the counter as he pushed the start button on his coffee maker and turned to you. "I remember most of what happened that night and I'm really sorry about the position I put you in. It must have made you very uncomfortable and I should never have pushed myself on you like that. I know I'm your boss but I would never-"

"Stop," He said, holding up his hand to cut you off. "I should be apologizing to you, not this," he sighed, shaking his head as he fished two mugs from his cupboard. The apartment was silent for a moment as he measured a spoon of sugar into one and then topped it with hot coffee before passing it to you. You mumbled in thanks and wrapped your cold fingers around the cup, breathing in the warm smell gratefully. He made his own cup before turning back to you and sighing. "You were drunk and I knew it and I wasn't. I should have stopped you."

"You tried to stop me, I kind of remember," you said, staring into your drink as your cheeks darkened in embarrassment. "Being drunk doesn't excuse my actions," you said into your cup in a tiny voice.

He chuckled. "I didn't try very hard. I mean, not only were you drunk, but I'm also four inches taller than you. If I really wanted to stop you I could have. And I didn't let you kiss me because you're my boss and I was afraid of loosing my job either." He stopped, looking at you until you raised your eyes up to meet his. "Y/n, I let you kiss me because I wanted it. I've wanted to kiss you again since the first time but I knew things were complicated between you and Jimin and I didn't want to get in the middle of that. But that night you...I just couldn't resist." He hung his head. "Forgive me."