Part 17

You piled into the suv and ten minutes down the road the back seat was silent, all three of the boys having drifted off to sleep after their exciting day of fun, their heads all drooping onto each other's shoulders. You turned in your seat to look at them and pulled out your cell to snap a photo. You turned back to the front and sighed at their cuteness, putting your phone back in your pocket.

"You are so sweet with Tae," you said to Hobi, remembering the earlier incident. He smiled softly, gripping the steering wheel as you went on. "The way you kissed him...I didn't realize you guys had that kind of relationship," you said hesitantly, not sure how to broach the subject.

Jimin's eyelids fluttered in the backseat and his ears perked toward you beneath his beanie, but he listened silently and kept his eyes closed so you didn't know from the front.

Hoseok sighed, keeping his eyes trained on the road. "It wasn't always like this, it just sort of...happened. I know, I know it isn't a normal hybrid/owner relationship but," he explained, his voice breaking on the last word as tears shone in his eyes, "I just love him so much!" He swallowed and you placed your hand on his knee supportively as his Adam's apple bobbed before he went on. "I know what the world says about us," he went on, shaking his head and sniffing, "but I can't help it. Taehyung is-"

"Hobi hyungie?" Tae said softly, stirring in the back seat, "what's the matter? Are you sad?" He frowned, his eyelids fluttering as he peered at his owner in the rear view mirror.

Hosoek's eyes met his in the mirror and he shook his head, smiling at him. "No baby I'm not sad. Nothing is the matter I am just talking with Noona."

Tae frowned at you a bit and yawned, leaning his cheek back down onto the top of Jimin's head and closing his eyes. "Noona, don't make my Hobi sad." He muttered, drifting back off.

"I won't buddy, I promise." You assured him, turning your attention back to your friend who was still holding back tears as he pulled up and parked outside of Jungkook's house. You shifted in your seat to face him and grabbed his hand off the wheel, pulling his attention to you. You stared hard in his eyes. "Fuck what people say, Hobi!" You whispered forcefully. "It's no one's business but yours and his, and I will personally fight anybody who says different. And I am so happy for you two!" You finished, squeezing his hand.

He smiled at you, wiping tears away. "I don't know why I didn't tell you before," he said, shaking his head. "I was just scared to tell anyone. I know how you feel about hybrids...I'm sorry I kept it from you."

You smiled at him and recited his own words from earlier back to him. "It's okay to be afraid. I'm happy for you though." You patted his hand. "Now, let's get this sleepy bunny out of the back seat, huh?" He chuckled, heading out and around the car as you got out and opened the back door for him before heading up to knock on the Kim's door. Hoseok carefully lifted Jungkook out of the back seat, the bunny's head drooping onto his shoulder as he carried him up the walk and transferred him to Jin who whispered a thank you as the boy wrapped his arms around his owner and snuggled his bunny nose into the man's neck and the two of you headed back to the car.

Jimin stirred when you reached your apartment building and you leaned over the console to hug Hoseok goodbye. "By the way, you are not off the hook for telling me details later!" You whispered to him before pulling back and giving him a meaningful look. He laughed as you and Jimin got out, him dropping his head onto your shoulder sleepily. "Say thank you to Hobi hyung, kitten," you said, scratching his ears.

"Thank you Hobi hyung!" He sang obediently, looking at him through the open window.

"Bye Jiminie! By Noona!" A sleepy voice called from the back seat. The two of you waved as they pulled away and headed up to your apartment.