Part 40

After dinner you and Jimin waved to Yoongi and headed for home. He reached for your hand and entwined his fingers with yours, swinging his arm happily, his long grey tail swishing behind him. He was suddenly struck with a thought and he paused, biting his lip in worry.

"What is it kitten?" You asked, slipping your arms around his waist and looking up at him happily.

"Do-do you think he'll come back? Seunghyun? Is he really gone?"

You considered for a moment and then shrugged, still holding him. "It doesn't matter. If he does come back we'll just get rid of him again. I'm not scared anymore," you said, shaking your head and taking his hand again, heading for your apartment. He smiled and followed along with you.

When you reached the apartment you turned to him. "What do you want to do kitten? I'm kind of sleepy so I could go to bed, but tomorrow is Sunday so we can also stay up for a bit?" You asked.

"Mmm...ear scratches on the couch?" He asked, his grey ears perking forward hopefully. You giggled and nodded, heading over and getting comfortable on the couch as he followed after you, laying his head in your lap and grabbing your hand, placing it hurriedly on his ears. You laughed and began to stroke his ears, sliding your hand through his hair as well as your fingers lightly scraped his scalp. He purred deeply in appreciation, a serene look coming over his face as you looked down at him, parting his hair with your fingers.

"Your roots are really showing kitten. Do you want-" you cut yourself off and blinked at him in confusion as he quickly sat up at your words, scooting away and sliding his own hands through his hair worriedly.

"I-I'm sorry," he said nervously, "I did notice it but I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to get it fixed. I'll get it bleached as soon as I can - t-tomorrow," he spoke quickly, looking at you, a slight fear in his eyes. You just sat there in surprise, before frowning and scooted closer to him, leaning in and trying to make him look at you.

"Jimin. Hey. Why are you freaking out, I was just going to ask if you wanted to get them touched up." He glanced quickly up at you and then back down to his lap, folding his hands together nervously. "Kitten," you whispered, your soft tone making him look back up at you. "Tell me."

"M-my natural hair is black," he mumbled, looking back down at his lap.

"I see that kitty, but why are you acting like I yelled at you?" You asked, confused and worried.

"D-Don't you want me to keep it blonde? My last owner...she said the black didn't look good with my fur, s-so I have to keep it blonde because that's what looks best w-with my coloring. And only pretty Kitties have owners," he recited.

"Jimin," You said, shocked at his words and trying to make him look at you. When he kept his eyes trained on his lap you sighed, getting up and climbing over to straddle his thighs, cupping his cheeks in your hands and making him look at you. "Look at me," You said, releasing his cheeks and pointing at yourself. "It's me, kitten. Y/n. Not your last owner, not any of your past owners. I love you, and I think you are the prettiest kitty in the whole world. No matter what color your hair is." He paused, considering your words.

"In-in the whole world?" He asked, his voice soft and shy. You chuckled and kissed the tip of his nose, making him giggle and pull back.

"In the whooole world. You don't have to do anything to your hair if you don't want, I was just asking because I assumed it was blonde because you wanted it to be," you said, shrugging. "I think you would look very nice with brown hair. Or, if you want to keep it light you could always make it a different color."

He tilted his head to the side, considering. "A different color? Like what?" He asked, blinking at you. You brushed your fingers through it, watching the hair fall back across his face as you released it.