Part 51

You arranged a dinner party with your friends at your apartment but didn't tell them the real purpose until after dessert had been served. You stood and pulled Jimin to stand next to you as you addressed them.

"Thanks for coming guys - Jimin and I...we wanted you to be here while we make some promises to each other. I - I have a few things I want to say to him and he does for me as well." You had everyone's full attention and they watched in surprise as you turned to face each other, taking Jimin's hands in yours.

"Can I go first?" He asked hesitantly. You nodded, smiling encouragingly. "I'm gonna cry," he warned and you just chuckled and nodded again. He took a deep breath and let it out, looking down and then back up at you. "Y/n...when you found me in that alley I had given up. I was alone and scared and hurt. I was on the run. I was cold and I was tired. I wasn't just tired from the day, I was tired from this world - from being hurt and neglected. From being told I didn't matter and shown I wasn't important." He swallowed hard, tears already threatening to fall from the corners of his eyes. "I had crawled between those dumpsters where I thought I belonged, following my nose, thinking that if I died that night - at least it smelled good in that alley." You were crying silently as you listened to him, tears tracking down your face. "But then - you noticed me. You tapped my shoulder and I hissed at you - I was dirty and angry and scared. But you didn't back away from me like you should have. Like any other human would have. Instead, you invited me into your home. You gave me a warm place to stay and you didn't expect anything from me in return. You offered me a job - me, a hybrid you had found on the street and just met. You adopted me even though you knew nothing about my past. You gave me more than I had ever asked for and then," he paused to chuckle incredulously. "Then you asked me if I wanted to stay with you forever. Like it was a choice. Like I could ever choose anything but you. We've been through so much together and you've loved me through it all. You know every thing there is to know about me and still you want me." You pulled a hand from his to wipe your face, sniffing. He smiled at you. "Thank you for everything baby. I swear, we were created for each other. I'll love you as hard as I can from now until the end of time."

Jimin's eyes were leaking just a little and you paused to swipe at your face again when you felt someone tap your arm. You glanced up to see Jin handing you a tissue and you thanked him quietly, dabbing your face to get yourself together before your turn. You glanced at the boys to see fat tears rolling down Hoseok's cheeks as he listened to the two of you, Namjoon resting his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and Taehyung leaning in to snuggle against Hoseok, his big eyes shining as well. Yoongi was blinking hard and clearing his throat. You looked back at Jimin and smiled as he squeezed your hands reassuringly.

"J-Jimin. My sweet kitten. I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone. I...I thought I had been in love before, but that wasn't love. That was fear, and dependency, and it wasn't the same. When I found you in that alley...I was so lonely. I was heading back to my empty apartment, to lay in bed alone, to wake up alone, to go to work alone, to do it all over the next day. I needed something to keep me going, something to make it worth while. I thought that the bakery would be it, but it was just a place to go during the day. But...then there you were, right outside and it was as if the universe had presented you to me, exactly what I needed and exactly right for me. You agreed to come home with me and you wanted to come to work with me and all of the sudden I had a companion, just like that. You've shown me so much and you've shared so much with me...even though I wasn't always good to you-" he squeezed your hands at that, crying quietly as he offered you a smile through his tears. You took a deep breath and smiled back at him. "I'm sorry for all the times I hurt you. I'm sorry I shut down on you when...when he showed up. I'm sorry I was such an inexperienced and unknowledgeable owner and that I wasn't very good at it. You had to ask me for a collar for crying out loud," you said, making everyone chuckle slightly. "But thank you for staying with me, and being patient with me, and teaching me to be a better owner, a better girlfriend, a better person. I love you Jimin, with my whole heart, and I always will."