Part 32

Yoongi watched you carefully that day, and when he walked you home he asked if he could come in and use the restroom before he headed to his place. You nodded and went to the bedroom to change. Waving sleepily at Jimin on the couch as you passed him.

"Yoongi hyung?" Jimin asked the older cat after you left the room. "What's up?" Yoongi scowled at the younger cat, hurrying over to him.

"What the hell is going on Jimin? Why is y/n walking around like a zombie?" He demanded in a low voice.

Jimin rubbed a hand down his face, sighing. "I don't know what it is hyung, she isn't sleeping enough. She has these bad dreams every night these days and I don't know what to do about it."

"She needs to see a therapist or something - they have medication for that," the older cat said, frowning.

Jimin sighed, bracing his hands on his hips and hanging his head. "She doesn't want to. Maybe you should suggest it though, if she hears it from enough people...I don't know."

Yoongi looked at the gray cat in front of him. Jimin looked almost as tired as y/n, his under eyes dark and skin sallow, his face looking helpless and sad. "Hey," the dark cat said, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder and squeezing supportively. "We'll figure it out okay? She'll be alright. She's got us and Hoseok and we will take care of her. Just be there for her for now," he finished. Jimin looked up, smiling slightly at him.

"Thanks hyung." Their heads both snapped toward the bedroom when they heard her call softly for Jimin. The younger cat waved as Yoongi took his leave before heading back to the bedroom.

-

You woke the next morning feeling well rested for the first time in weeks. You blinked in surprise when you realized that you had woken to the sound of your alarm clock, and not Jimin's worried face looking down at you in the middle of the night. You shook his shoulder gently.

"Kitten, wake up, we have to get ready for work," You said softly. He blinked his sleepy eyes at you in confusion.

"Baby? Is it morning?" you nodded, smiling at him. His face broke into a grin and he pulled you to him, smothering you with kisses as you squirmed and giggled, trying to escape his hold. Neither of you said anything out loud about your lack of nightmares, not wanting to jinx yourselves. You got ready and headed out the door. Jimin snaked his arm around your waist and held you against his side as you walked together to the bakery, his solid arm making you feel safe and content.

"Kitten, let's swing by the market really quick - I feel like I need to make lemon bars today," You said, as the thought suddenly struck you. He cocked his head, looking down at you.

"Lemon bars? I've never seen you make those before," he said.

"It's been a long time, but I think it's a good day for it." You quickly bought a bag of fresh lemons and hurried to the bakery, getting started on all your usual pastries and mixing up the lemon bars as well. Jimin had unlocked the door and flipped on the open sign and then came back and watched as you dusted them with powdered sugar and carefully cut the bars into squares before taking them out to the display case. "Do you want to try one kitten?" You asked, holding a square out to him.

He took it uncertainly, the strong smell of citrus tickling his nose. He carefully took a bite, the sweetness of the powdered sugar rolling across his tongue only to be followed by the tart lemon flavor and the buttery crust. His eyes widened and you smiled happily at his reaction. "Yummy, babe!" He exclaimed, shoving the rest into his mouth and smiling with full cheeks, making you laugh happily.

-

It was nearly time to close up for the day and the bakery was empty of customers when Jimin heard the door tinkle. He had his back to it, wiping down the counter. As the door swung open he blinked in confusion, assessing the immediate effects.