Part 41

You gasped and jumped slightly when you noticed Jimin sitting at the bar and watching as you cooked, pressing your hand to your chest in surprise.

"Kitten! I didn't realize you were here, you startled me," You said, taking a deep breath.

"Sorry baby," he chuckled. "I was just watching the show," you frowned at him, glancing down at yourself, still wearing his wrinkled T-shirt and old shorts, having pulled your hair back into a messy ponytail and not even washed your face yet, let alone applied any makeup. You frowned up at him as he grinned, rolling your eyes.

"Don't lie, you were just hungry," you laughed, sliding some bacon onto the empty plate before him before turning back to get his eggs. The two of you ate together and then you showered while he relaxed in the living room. You dressed and headed out, asking if he was ready to go to the salon. He nodded looking nervous and stood. You reached up and scratched his ears, making him close his eyes contentedly and purr. "Kitten, you don't have to tell me if it makes you uncomfortable, but I'd like to hear more about your old owners. I want to know all the ways they hurt my sweet kitten so I can avoid saying things that will make you think of them like when I mentioned your hair last night. Okay?" You asked, cupping his cheeks in your hands and kissing his nose. "Not right now, I just want you to think about maybe telling me later."

He hesitated but nodded softly. "I - I'll think about it." You couldn't ask for more so you just nodded and took his hand, leading him out of the apartment. You arrived at the salon to drop him off, intending to run some errands while he had his hair done. He grabbed your wrist as you went to go and pouted at you, glancing around the business nervously. You stepped back up to him and leaned in.

"What is it kitty?" You whispered.

"I - I want a kiss but we're in public so-" he said shyly but you just smiled and leaned in, kissing him full on the mouth right there in front of everyone. You pulled away and he blushed deeply while you reached up and ruffled his ears before turning to the hairdresser who was blinking and looking slightly shocked. You squinted and addressed her, your hand still resting on Jimin's head possessively as you glanced around the shop.

"Please take good care of my sweet kitten, alright? Do whatever he wants to his hair and remember that he is very precious to me," You said the last part with your eyes on Jimin, making him shuffle his feet shyly. "Got it?" You said, dropping your hand from his head and turning back to the woman. She nodded quickly and you smiled at her. "I'll be back in a bit kitten, I can't wait to see your new hair," You said to him softly, giving him a last, quick peck on the cheek before heading out.

-

Jimin turned bashfully to the hairdresser once y/n had left but the girl just smiled at him and escorted him back. She sat him in the chair and ran her fingers through his hair, examining it.

"So what would you like to have done sir? Are we bleaching your roots to match?" She asked, looking at him in the mirror. He shifted uncomfortably when she addressed him respectfully but he nodded, trying to sound confident when he answered.

"Y-yes," He stammered before clearing his throat and trying again. "Um, yes. I'd like to bleach the roots and then maybe cut a little off," he said softly, and she nodded. "A-And then I'd like to dye it," he continued, feeling shy again.

"What color are you thinking?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Pink."

She smiled looking excited. "Ooh, this will be so fun, I love when people let me put fun color in their hair!" She squealed, making Jimin smile and relax a little. "Pink will look so nice with your ears," she continued, chattering excitedly as she led him back to wash his hair.