Part 48

You wanted to break out your new aprons and cup sleeves at the bakery the very next day, but you also wanted to make it special so you put up a sign in the window announcing your rebranding celebration for the next Monday to give you time to get things set up. You also needed a few days to check in with the local government and make sure there were no special permits or paperwork needed for what you had planned. You discussed your idea with Hoseok but wanted to surprise the boys and he thought it sounded great so you went with it.

You spent the next days working hard to get everything set up and made Jimin spend a lot of time hanging out with Tae so you could surprise him. He protested at first, but in the end he admitted that he loved surprises so he complied. You allowed Jimin to come in the Sunday before the big day when the bakery was closed and help you put some small touches on the place, setting out the new cup sleeves and hanging Jungkook's original sketch of the logo which you had framed on the wall. They also came to install the sign you had ordered outside the building to replace the old one which simply read 'bakery'. The new sign was a simplified version of the logo without the sunrise and you had asked Jungkook to work directly with the company to ensure it came out right. The Kims brought him by to do a final check as it was installed and he smiled happily, pleased with his work. When they were leaving you shooed Jimin out with them, telling him you would come pick him up when everything was finished.

-

You woke excitedly the next day, getting ready quickly as Jimin got up too. He was quiet but you could tell he was excited as well, if a little nervous. You held hands tightly as you headed for the bakery, a bit of a spring in your step. You had asked Yoongi to come in for the special event and he was waiting outside when the two of you arrived, having asked him not to go in and peek.

"And here you are, letting me freeze just like the old days," he said, feigning annoyance as you and Jimin approached.

"Don't be dramatic kitty, I know you just got here," you scolded, sticking your tongue out at him.

"And how could you know when I got here?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"I told her as soon as I smelled you. It was thirty seconds ago," Jimin said, a smug smile on his face and Yoongi squinted at the younger cat, his tail twitching in annoyance.

"You're supposed to be on my side house cat, we're the same species," he said indignantly. Jimin just shrugged and threw his arm around your shoulders.

"Yeah but she's prettier. And nicer," you giggled at them but then waved your hands for their attention.

"Okay guys listen. I know I've been all annoying and secretive and it isn't that big of a deal but I still wanted to surprise you because as of today," you said, unlocking the door and pushing it open, heading in and flicking on the lights, "Kitties and Cupcakes is a hybrid cafe."

Jimin clapped his hands excitedly as he looked around the room with wide eyes, but Yoongi turned to you in confusion. "What they hell is a hybrid cafe?" He asked, frowning.

"Oh, so mister hybrid expert doesn't know something huh?" You asked, making Jimin giggle.

"I'm a hybrid expert, not a cafe expert," Yoongi deadpanned, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"There aren't any other ones around here, but I've heard of them. I mean, it's basically just a cafe, but it's a safe space for hybrids to hang out at," the younger cat said. You nodded in response.

"So essentially, none of our current functions will change - we'll still operate as the bakery and we already were hybrid friendly, but now it's more official and people will know. Owners can bring their hybrids to eat, any hybrid without owners can hang out, and as you can see," you gestured toward the corner of the room that Jimin had been inching toward, nodding to him to get him to go check it out, "we now carry a little bit of hybrid friendly merchandise, most of it made by local vendors, and I also reached out to a local shelter and they will have a few hybrids that are available for adoption in here to hang out a couple of days a week."