Part 10

Jimin spent the evening and whole next day on cloud 9 after you had told him he was your favorite kitty. Tuesday evening he pulled you onto his lap when you put on his favorite show and held you around your waist, nuzzling your neck. He sighed against your skin and mumbled, "I wish you would let me bite you a little before you work with that stray again tomorrow."

"No biting," you mumbled as you turned to look at him. "Stray?" You asked. "What do you mean? I don't think he lives on the street..." you trailed off, confused.

"No it's uh...just something you call a hybrid who doesn't have an owner. You know," he said, uncomfortably.

"Oh," you said, starting to relax. "Well it doesn't sound very, wait!" You gasped. "Jimin is stray a derogatory term for a hybrid without an owner?" You asked the man, who was avoiding making eye contact. When he didn't answer you hopped off his lap and faced him with your hands on your hips. "It is isn't it! You cannot talk like that mister! You should be punished for saying such mean things about my employee..." you mused, unsure in what way to punish your kitty. "Kitten? What are you doing?"

Jimin had wilted and slid from the couch, dropping to all fours in front of you with his head bowed, "I'm ready for my punishment," he replied in a shaky voice, bracing his hands against the floor, his ears drooping and his tail curled in protectively.

"What? Kitten..." you stared dumbfounded at him and he raised his head to look at you sadly, his eyes shining.

"How will you punish me y/n? My last owner usually hit me when he wanted to punish me," he replied, looking back down at the floor. "Or stepped on my fingers or pulled on my tail," he continued in a tiny voice.

"What? Kitten," You exclaimed, dropping to the floor in front of him and grabbing his face with both your hands. "I would never do any of those things to you!" You said, staring into his eyes as tears ran down his round cheeks.

"I'm sorry I said it y/n, please don't punish me," he begged, a sob breaking through.

You gathered him to you, pulling him into your lap as he sobbed onto your shoulder and you stroked his back. "Jimin, my sweet kitty, I'll never hurt you like that. You're safe here with me. I didn't mean to scare you kitty, I'm sorry," you said soothingly. "I meant something like the other day when I wouldn't let you come to work with me..."

Jimin gasped and jumped up. "No, please y/n! Don't work with him instead of me! I'll never say it again, I'm sorry!" He pleaded.

"Alright kitten, if you promise not to say such things anymore I won't punish you," you agreed, smiling up at him as he sank back onto the couch. You sat next to him and he curled up, laying his head in your lap and grabbing your hand to put on his ears. You chuckled, stroking him as he slowly calmed down. "Kitten," You said softly, and he turned to look up at you, his face open and trusting. "I don't want to be like your other owners. I want you to feel like you and I are a family, and I want you to know that I would never do anything to hurt you." You brushed his hair back from his forehead and smiled fondly at him, fighting back the lump that rose in your throat when you thought about someone abusing your sweet kitty.

He caught your hand and pressed it to his lips, closing his eyes and snuggling his head further into your lap. "I know y/n. You're the best owner I've ever had. That's why I don't like you spending so much time with that st-uh, I mean with Yoongi hyung," he said shyly. "I want to keep you all to myself." He rubbed his forehead against your hand, purring. "I love you, y/n."

You froze, taken aback at the statement. You weren't sure anyone had ever said that to you outside of your family. But Jimin was your family now, right? You began stroking his head again as he purred and buried his face against your thighs, his eyes closing. "I love you too, my sweet kitty," you murmured softly as he drifted off.

-

You slept fitfully that night as you kept dreaming about shadowy unknown figures hurting Jimin, and when you felt something warm and wet against your neck your froze, your eyes flying open. Jimin didn't realize you were awake and he continued to gently lick your neck, his rough tongue sliding over your skin as he purred softly. "Kitten," you breathed, "what are you doing?"

He froze mid lick, his tongue still glued to your skin and then slowly pulled away from you. "Um y/n, you're awake?"

"I am now," you replied turning to look at him in the dark. "Are you trying to scent me again or something? Since I won't let you bite me? We sleep in the same bed kitty, I think I probably smell enough like you," you said, frowning up at him.

"Well um..." he mumbled. "I actually do this whenever you have bad dreams...it normally makes you relax and sleep better, but I guess it didn't work tonight. I'm sorry," he pouted.

"Wait...you lick me while I'm sleeping because I have bad dreams?" You asked, slowly.

He tilted his head looking down at you, "Well, yeah. You're usually a pretty heavy sleeper but you have a lot of bad dreams. I can always tell it's about to happen because you start to breathe heavy and get all sweaty. The first night I spent in here I was scared and I didn't know what to do when it happened so I panicked and...as soon as I licked you you calmed down," he shrugged. "So now I do it every time. What do you dream about that is so bad?" He asked, his face open and curious.

You blinked up at him, still shocked but also with a warm, grateful feeling in your chest. "I'm not sure. I don't remember them when I wake up, I didn't even realize it was happening. Well...except tonight I was dreaming about you being hurt." You smiled sheepishly up at him. "So I guess it was an extra bad dream."

He smiled back at you and leaned down to press his lips to your forehead, brushing your hair back. "Go back to sleep my y/n, no one is hurting me now." And you drifted off into peaceful sleep in his arms.

-

The next morning Jimin followed you sleepily to the door as you pulled on your coat and stuffed your feet into your shoes. "Bye kitten," You called, reaching for the handle.

"Wait!" You heard him call suddenly. You turned to look back at him, standing in the living room, his face puffy and hair messy from sleep, his tail clutched in his hands. "I, uh...can I have a goodbye hug?"

You softened and opened your arms to him. "Come here kitty," you said and he shuffled over and threw his arms around you, burying his face in your neck.

He lifted his head and pouted. "I'll miss you."

You chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Come have breakfast when the bakery opens then, silly."

His ears perked up. "Can I really?" He asked with excitement.

"Of course. I have to go now, I don't want to keep Yoongi waiting." You pulled away and reached for the doorknob again but he grabbed your arm and pulled you back toward him, smiling and turning his head, tapping his cheek with a finger. You smiled and planted an affectionate kiss on his cheek before running out the door, calling out a farewell as you went. Jimin raised a hand to cup his cheek happily and shuffled back to sleep for a couple more hours.

 Jimin raised a hand to cup his cheek happily and shuffled back to sleep for a couple more hours

-

Sorry this one is kind of short 🤷🏼‍♀️